BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change?

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #1  

jvgann

Tractor
2005 Kubota BX23
What works best on the BX23? A Quick-Hitch? If so what brand and size? I have read that many are using Pat's Easy-Change on SCUTs. Thanks for your help.

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #2  
I had a Pat's on my BX2200 and loved it. Not only is it easier to hook up, it gives you a couple extra inches of arm length, which the BX needs.

My vote is for the Pat's.

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #3  
I put a Speeco quick hitch on my BX23 last summer and I think it works great. If the attachments are setup correctly you can just pull right up - attach - and pull away without even leaving the seat.

Attachments

• 611023-02_reduced.jpg
    611023-02_reduced.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 239
   / BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #4  
I have had a 2200 and now have a 23, The only thing I did not let go with the 2200 was the tooth bar and my PATS. It does give you about 3 more inches so your pto shafts may not work if they are cut to length BEFORE adding Pats, but small price to pay for a great product.

The only problem I have is that they are made so thick, my KK tiller has to be tilted a bit forward to allow them on the pins. The pins are too close to the frame, so I have to do a little nudging, still nothing like I did without them. A small price for a great product. I dont use the "leveler" adjustors either, put the anchor bolts thru the arms and away you go.

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change?
Jim, DannyD said the PTO shafts may not fit with the Pat's. Would that also be the case with the Speeco Quick-Hitch?
Do you know which model you have? Where to purchse? Thanks! JV

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #6  
Aren't PTO shafts a bit expensive to have to buy new ones just to use the Pats systems?

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #7  
Check out the picture I attached to my previous post. Using the Speeco quick hitch will also move the attachment points out about 2-3 inches. The only time I think you would have a problem with your PTO shaft(s) however is if there were no more expansion adjustment left in the shaft. I am in the process of trying to adapt a 54" snowblower onto the 3pt on my tractor and with the blower attached I need about a 24" PTO shaft (fully retracted). As far as I know all PTO shafts have a range of adjustment and all you have to do is make sure you have the proper amount of length engaged on the two halves for the shaft to work safely. I believe that distance is 6 inches.

I bought my Speeco Quick Hitch from Northern Tool. I believe that Tractor Supply may also carry them.

The reason why I chose the quick hitch over the Pat's system was that the quick hitch engages both of the bottom mount points - and the top point. Meaning that you can potentially not even get off the tractor to attach to an implement. This doesn't always hold true in practice because I still have to horse the implements around to get them attached but it is way easier than the just the 3pt arms by themselves. The quick hitch also adds about 75 pounds of weight so just by itself it makes for a bit of ballast on the back of the tractor.

The other option you could use for any Cat1 tractor is the John Deere I-Match. I don't think you need to have a JD to use the I-Match - it meets the Cat1 spec and the ASAE quick hitch spec so it should work on any tractor. Of course you might not like the color but that is what spray cans are for.

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I had a Pat's on my BX2200 and loved it. Not only is it easier to hook up, it gives you a couple extra inches of arm length, which the BX needs.

My vote is for the Pat's. )</font>

Killer_B - Have you added the Pats to your 7610 yet? I've been wanting to add a set on my 7800 for about a year and have been reluctant to do it. I don't change my implements that often, but when I do it is way more work than it should be.

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #9  
I have a FREEDOM HITCH but have not tried it yet on my BX23. Had used it with my former B2410 and liked it. I am not sure if it will be too large for the BX23. I have a rotary cutter and boxblade I would be using with it and will give it a try soon. The freedom hitch is expensive but well designed. Costs about $250 for the male tractor half and the same for each female implement half.

/ BX23 Quick-Hitch or Easy-Change? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a FREEDOM HITCH but have not tried it yet on my BX23. Had used it with my former B2410 and liked it. I am not sure if it will be too large for the BX23. I have a rotary cutter and boxblade I would be using with it and will give it a try soon. The freedom hitch is expensive but well designed. Costs about $250 for the male tractor half and the same for each female implement half. )</font>

Why did you switch from the B2410 to the BX23?