Front loader won't lift tractor

/ Front loader won't lift tractor #1  

B_D

Tractor
Kubota L2900
Front loader won\'t lift tractor

Kubota L2900 w/LA480 FEL--tried to lift up to change a front tire but it wouldn't lift the tractor. Plenty of strength to lift a bucket of gravel, etc., but all of a sudden no "down" strength to lift the tractor. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
David

/ Front loader won't lift tractor #2  
Re: Front loader won\'t lift tractor

Did you try turning the bucket lip down, or put some chunks of wood under the bucket, some loaders won't go down much below level, my brother in law has a JD 855 with a 70 loader and it won't lift the front off the ground with the bucket level.

/ Front loader won't lift tractor

Yes, I did try both, rolling the bucket and putting blocks of wood under it. Funny thing, just a few weeks ago it would lift the tractor. Thanks for the reply.
David

/ Front loader won't lift tractor #4  

<font color="blue"> Funny thing, just a few weeks ago it would lift the tractor. </font>

At that time, did you have something on the 3PH?

I know when my backhoe is on, the front of my B2910 lifts quite easily. With nothing on the back it is a different story.

Actually, I can't remember if the front goes up or not with nothing on the back... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif My front tires are foam filled and that adds about 150 lbs which doesn't help the loader for sure...

/ Front loader won't lift tractor #5  

Next thing, did you have the brake on, if I try to lift the front of my BX2200 with the brakes on, the rear tires won't roll forward as the bucket tries to lifts the front wheels, lifts fine with the brake off. One other thing, when I changed the hydro fluid and filter to aftermarket, the loader and the hydro was not as strong as with the original filter and fluid, changed back to the super UDT and Kubota filter, works normal again.

/ Front loader won't lift tractor #6  

I am wondering if you have a problem with your FEL float. There is a point (full up on your stick) that will allow your FEL to float for leveling purposes. I believe this is a fairly sensitive adjustment and maybe this is what is happening. I agree with you that your L2900 should not have any problems lifting your front end with or without anything on the back. Try to position your bucket in the full dump position and then lift. If your then able to lift then your float needs to be adjusted.

Just recently I have lifted the front end with and without an attachment on the 3-pt. Never had a problem until yesterday.
Just seems like there's not enough hydraulic power there to lift the front end.
Thanks for the suggestion.....
David

Humm, can't remember for sure if I had the brake on or off. But I'm almost positive the brake was off. I have a new Kubota hydraulic filter and will change it this coming weekend when we go back to the 'ranch-ette'. If that fixes the problem I'll be sure to post a note.
Thanks...
David

I will change the filter & check the fluid this coming weekend. But I'm not sure what you're referring to about adjusting the float. Could you explain a little further? My email is ny2tx2002@yahoo.com

Thanks....
David

/ Front loader won't lift tractor #10  

Make sure your up and down lever for your 3PH is in nutral.
-T