Pics of bucket hooks

/ Pics of bucket hooks #1  

jhagerty

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2230
I was asked several days ago by a member if I could post some pics of my bucket hooks, so here they are.

For those interested, in a few days I will post some pics of the toolbox project that I’m just about done with.

Mike

Attachments

• 612263-P1010010 (640 x 480).jpg
    612263-P1010010 (640 x 480).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,978
   / Pics of bucket hooks
One more

Attachments

• 612266-P1010011 (640 x 480).jpg
    612266-P1010011 (640 x 480).jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,418
   / Pics of bucket hooks #3  
You didnt ask me!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thats how I did my tow hooks also 'cept as close to the edge as I could and angle toward the middle more. Started with big washers and bolts and then later welded.

I had the tow hooks already plus I had an abundant supply of new seat belt webbing from work that looped over these better than iit would a grab hook.

/ Pics of bucket hooks
Rat,
Very nice catch on the lock washer! I noticed it myself as soon as I took the pics several days ago, it has since been fixed. I found it under the bucket, darn things are slippery!

/ Pics of bucket hooks #6  
I had some of those on my last tractor and they were handy. Somewhere along the line, I must have side loaded them and it bent the bucket where they were mounted. Maybe it was tying off a central load to both hooks with too short of a "Y". No big deal on that old bucket but It would really show on your new one.

John

/ Pics of bucket hooks #7  
I used the same type of hook but added two pieces of steel plating on top and inside the bucket to distribute the forces more and not bend the bucket.

Attachments

• 612354-lifting hook1.jpg
    612354-lifting hook1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,063
   / Pics of bucket hooks #8  
jhagerty,

Great installation, especially if welding is not an option.

I personally favor grab hooks on the outside ends, and a slip hook in the middle.

What I did was weld a piece of angle on my bucket and then weld the hooks to it. Not practical if one does not have a welder though.

The 2x2x1/4 angle on the top lip adds a lot of strength, and compliments the added strength of the tooth bar on the bottom lip.

I've attached a photo to show what I am referring to. I know I could have stitch welded the angle, but I needed welding practice and it beat welding on scrap for no purpose... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PS...this was on my B2910 bucket...but it would work the same on any bucket size...don't have a loader on my BX. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 612358-hooks.JPG
    612358-hooks.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,252
   / Pics of bucket hooks #9  
Might as well repost mine too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Chainhooks worked for me....

Looks like we're gonna run the gauntlet of styles, types and mounting methods. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw, my buzzbox took a dump yrs ago and haven't got around to replaceing it. Seems I continue to find ways around it anymore, but I do plan on getting another stick welder one O' these days.... I do like what a welder brings to the table.

Volfandt

Attachments

• 612365-BX buckethooks #1.jpg_0003.jpg
    612365-BX buckethooks #1.jpg_0003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,396
   / Pics of bucket hooks
Thanks Henro,

I’m really interested in learning how to weld and then picking up the equipment. It’s no doubt the best way to go. I just need to find the time

Your set-up looks great! I may also add something in the middle as well.

I definitely see the possibility of bending or distorting the bucket when using hooks so I intend to be very careful, not to mention the tipping factor if you go to heavy.