BX2230 AND YORK RAKE

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #1  

edbx2230

has anyone used a landscape rack on a bx series tractor? my dealer says i should use a rake designed for a sub-compact because the arms have limited lifting ability. he has a woods brand estate series 60 inch rake for $575 and tractor supply has a kig kutter 72 inch rake for $418. will my bx2230 be able to lift the bigger rake? thanks for the help

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #2  
I have a 2200 and my dealer set up the rake he suggested on one of their floor models.....I opted for the 60 inch so that I could control the depth and pull the implement more easily. Index wheels are a must. I can't remember the name off hand and can't get to the rake for another couple of weeks because it is buried under a few feet of snow...sorry about that.

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE
Thanks Sandyc. I need to decide if I should go with the Woods Estate Series LRC60 rake or a model not specifically made for a sub-compact.

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #4  
I have a BX2200 and use a Woods LR106 72" medium duty rake.
It has a fold down grader blade and guide wheels.
This rake is for a larger tractor, but I wanted a contractor grade vs. a homeowner model. Your BX should have no problem picking a rake up. I use the rake or Woods GB48 box scraper as counter weight for loader work. I add 400 lbs. of weight to the box scraper, for an estimated 800lb. rear load. The tractor has been picking this up since April 2000 without any problem. Remember that weight equals traction, especially with a compact tractor.

My tractor has had no problem pulling the rake or plowing snow with the folddown blade. The wider blade does a better job leveling and grading.
One issue with the BX model is lift height with some implements. After a short time, I fabricated a jig that raises the lift height from the lower lift arms by 6". Before the jig, I could not raise the rake high enough to load it on my trailer.
I'll take a picture and try posting it.

Also, as the BX does not have position control, get the gauge wheels when buying the rake. The wheels will keep the rake a consistant depth in relation to the ground. It is practically impossible to try to keep a level grade using the 3 point lift control only.

I have 900 hrs. on my BX and after 5 years, I am still amazed at the work I have done, and what it can do. When the BX came out, many snickered at it as a baby tractor. You may have to take a smaller bite or pass, but the job gets done.

WALT

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #5  
I bought a 60" King Kutter XB series landscape rake from Tractor Supply for my BX23. The XB series is made specifically for the sub compacts. I think it was $350, and they took off 5% because it was scratched. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The weight isn't the issue, the issue is the height the BX will lift the tines off the ground. This is the only advantage with the sub compact specific attachments.

Attachments

• 612563-IM001250.JPG
    612563-IM001250.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 350
   / BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks Sandyc. I need to decide if I should go with the Woods Estate Series LRC60 rake or a model not specifically made for a sub-compact. )</font>

I bought the Woods LRC60 and find it works really well. As the others have said, get the guide wheels.

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #7  
BX 2200 with lift arm jig & Woods LR 106 rake.

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #8  
2nd Try

Attachments

• 612846-100_0157.JPG
    612846-100_0157.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 420
   / BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #9  
I agree the guide wheels are a must. I am running a 5' BEfCO with the guide wheels.
The guide wheels improved the control and efficiency of use of the rake.

Just my thoughts,
engineer

/ BX2230 AND YORK RAKE #10  
Rake attached to tractor.

Attachments

• 612850-100_0159.JPG
    612850-100_0159.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 512