Kubota Oil filter cross reference

/ Kubota Oil filter cross reference #21  
The thing about oil filters is that they are not all made the same. Most are paper media and they all have a bypass so that if the resistance becomes too great, rather than block the flow of oil, they bypass the filter media. If they blocked it, you would at least know when your oil light comes on, but as`they bypass the oil is jut not filtered. I had a friend with a highway truck and he swore by placing magnets on the filter and religiously making sure he doesn't remove the magnets until the filter is removed from the engine.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread a website dedicated to a private study in oil filters. I have the link and I would highly recomend that evryone do take a look at it as it is very informative. The individuak that compiled the study claims to have faced numerous legal manouvers to have his web presence shut down.

Here it is:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

/ Kubota Oil filter cross reference #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just a reminder, that you can EDIT your posts if you make an error. The link is in the upper right hand corner of your posting. )</font>

Thanx.......I needed that. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota Oil filter cross reference #24  
I know that for my Kubota L3240 that NAPA and WIX have filters for it.

/ Kubota Oil filter cross reference #25  
I am kinda partial to the real Kubota filter (the Japan one) there is a US built one and Japan built. I don't know who builds the US one for Kubota. I have put two filters side by side (Kubota/Japan & brand X)and there is a difference in the construction.
I don't care what everyone uses ..filtered oil is filtered oil just as long it gets filtered.

Some of Kubota's filters are made in the Donaldson/Wix joint venture plant. Some are made by Wix/Affinia and some are made in Donaldson's Asian factories. Wix will have a filter to fit your Kubota and they are well made. If you cannot directly cross the OE number with Wix you can probably go to Fleetguard and get a croos which in turn can be crossed to Wix. Fram's basic filter is poorly made . It's been documented countless times. Wix,Baldwin,Donaldson, Fleetguard, all make good quality filters. I personally use full synthetic media Donalson filters since I extend my intervals quite a bit.