Grading BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy

/ BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #1  

Tractor_Jim_CT

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
I am in the market for a 4 foot boxblade for the BX23. Looking for other BX23 owner's experience with the BB brand purchased. Also: did it attach easily without modifying product, cost and weight, etc. Your thoughts.

I don't want to pick a brand and find it doesn't fit.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

/ BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #2  
I've been playing/testing a Midwest and really like it. Hard to biuld a bad box blade but not all brands are equally heavy duty. Woods, Midwest, King Kutter, Kubota, and some other lesser known brands all seem to be built well. I'm a fan of the Woods and Midwest models personally, but YMWV based on what you want to spend.

/ BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #3  
I have a King Kutter XB48 box blade for use with my BX2230. It has performed all the tasks I have asked of it and a few more. Now that I have a correctly sized top link, it will work even better.

Ready for gravel work

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif All that for $239. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #4  
I doubt they make it that far east but I like my Gear More 48" with 4 rippers. I wish they (the rippers) were hydraulic but maybe I will get creative in a couple of years /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif What Scrounger said applies pretty hard to screw it up /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Oh its mounted to a BX2230 with NO hydraulics
Steven

/ BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #5  
I have a Kodiak 48" box blade on my BX2200 with 3 rippers. I have had no problems with it and it has done everything that I have tried to do with it.

/ BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #7  
I put a Woods GBC48 (Estate series for SubCUT's) box blade on my BX23 and it has worked out great. I actually had the box blade delivered before I received the tractor! . I bought the Woods because they claimed to be designed for SubCUT size tractors, the weight was the highest of all the box blades I looked at (550 pounds) and there was a local dealer that had one in stock. The Woods literature also claimed that the unit was ASAE quick hitch compatible - and it is. I used the Woods extensively last summer and it performs great. I really beat the **** out of it and have had no problems so far. I later got a Speeco quick hitch for the tractor and the box blade fits right on with no problems and no modifications needed. After using this for a while I have to say that I think the weight is an important factor - the soil around here has a lot of rocks and the sod is tough. I think a lighter unit would not have worked as well.

Attachments

• 614009-18_reduced.jpg
    614009-18_reduced.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 369
   / BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #8  
Another BushHog SBX-480 here. It's fine. No mods to BB but I have added the other set of holes in bottom arms and left and right links. I have not found any need thus far to mod the top link.

/ BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #9  
I bought a used Gannon EK-42-4, that had been sitting on an aftermarket dealer's lot for years. I would describe it as a small (42" wide) yet heavy duty industrial scraper. At 42", it matches the width of the BX. I estimate the weight at a little over 500 lb. Fits perfectly, no modifications necessary. They have similar models now. Gannon is now owned by Woods so you can find the current models at woodsonline.com

/ BX23 Owners - Box Blade Brand and are you happy #10  
I have a Land Pride BB1542 - some model like that - run it with my BX1500. I hate it. The blade is fine and will last forever and there are none better and the BX1500 pulls it OK, not great. I hate it because without a hydraulic top link I'm forever adjusthing the top link trying to get the angle just right. It takes too much work. I can do 80% of what I would to with a box blade with my FEL. I add a York rake to the arsenal and I can do just about anything.

I tried to sell my box blade a couple of months ago and had no bites. The problem is shipping.