7610 LA352 Float Problem

/ 7610 LA352 Float Problem #1  

Passaconaway

Tractor
Kubota 7610
1) Putting the joystick in the float position no longer works.
The rest of the loader functions work Ok. Fluid level is Ok.
25 hours on tractor.

2) I can't seem to inch(slow down) down the 3ph. It will only drop. Slow up seems to work Ok. Woods LR72 grade rake.

Thanks

/ 7610 LA352 Float Problem #2  
Pass,

I had a similar problem this winter on my LA181. I could hold it in the float position, but it would not stay. I called my dealer and he said the bearings that hold the valve in the float position are stuck from water and/or corrosion of the bearings. Unscrew the 'barrel' which is located at the bottom of the valve. It looks like a 1" deep set socket. Beware, there are 2 of them...one that controls the boom and one that controls the curl. You need to unscrew the one that controls the boom. Once you get it off, spray some lubricate (my dealer said WD-40 works just fine, but I used "Let Go"). Soak the bottom of the barrel for about 10-15 minutes in the lubricant. Then use a thin long flat head screw driver to work the ball bearings. Once they are un-frozen, drain out any excess lubricant and replace the barrel. It worked great on my valve. I hope this solves your float problem.

/ 7610 LA352 Float Problem #3  
Be careful when you R and R this component that you don't pinch the o-rings. According to my dealer it will take over a week to get them directly from Japan. LOL. Seriously, be careful with the o-rings. They are an odd ball metric size.

/ 7610 LA352 Float Problem #4  
I had the same problem with my new L3400 this winter. Would not stay in float until I ran it for half an hour = things got warm enough to melt the ice that had formed. Just like you said, the dealer said condensation got into that piece (I forget the name right now) but they said it is a very common problem for us in cold weather and Kubota has known about it for awhile is going to solve it. Anyway, my dealer sent someone right out and they swapped it out with one that they had drilled two small holes into to allow any moisture to escape. The mechanic changed it out in 10 minutes. Said he had already done a half a dozen this winter. Give your dealer a call - they should know all about it.

/ 7610 LA352 Float Problem #5  
I had the same problem with my 7610 this winter with the loader control valve not staying in the float position. I contacted my dealer and he stated that Kubota is aware of this problem and has issued a new part for the valve to fix it. BUT beware, if you do not have this done in the first year you will have to pay for it yourself since Kubota only warrenties their accesories/attatchments for one year, but they cover the tractor for three years. (go figure) Since they replaced the spring, ball, and seals in the valve it has worked better than new with no problem. It is now a more positive lock in the float position.

/ 7610 LA352 Float Problem
Thank you all. I called the dealer rep this morning. He's
going to call me back later.

/ 7610 LA352 Float Problem #7  
Pass, I remembered the guys at MB tractor called it the detent valve. It looks like a large deep socket. As I said before, they brought a replacement that they had drilled two small holes into. they swapped it out and took mine that they will do the same to for someone else. The tech also said he put a bunch of vaseline inside it. I saw some of it had squirted out onto the frame shortly after using it. And remember the loader only has a one year warranty so get it done now if your cut is still in warranty.

/ 7610 LA352 Float Problem #8  
I had the same problem with my BX23. The float was gone.
I called my dealer and he fixed it at no cost.