Kubota L2250 Clutch Problem.

/ Kubota L2250 Clutch Problem. #1  

DanCook

I have a Kubota L2250 Tractor that we purchased new about 6 years ago. The clutch has always engaged very high. About a year ago the clutch began slipping. We returned to the dealer for adjustment and were told the clutch was shot. The dealer installed a new clutch for about $1500.00. When we got the tractor back the clutch once again engaged very high. The clutch held good, but we let the service dept know the clutch was still engaging at the very top of the pedal. They told us this was normal. This is a double disc clutch and I am told there is a major adjustment that can be made inside the flywheel housing. Well the clutch has been in for about 150 hours and it is slipping again. The adjustment on the outside of the tractor does not help at all. I have the time and mechanical knowledge if someone can help me. I cant afford another $1500 right now and I hate to call the dealer again. Thanks in advance for any help I can get. I have the factory owners manual but the proceedure is very vague. dcnjp

/ Kubota L2250 Clutch Problem. #2  
It might be worth going back at the dealer one more time because in my experience that it not normal and should have been fixed with when the clutch was replaced. My L2250 has it's original clutch(I think) and it engages the pto right off the bottom of pedal travel and the tractor at about half or less. No where near the top.
Maybe a shop repair manual would give more details on the adjustment procedure.
Good Luck
Dave

/ Kubota L2250 Clutch Problem. #3  
Unless you have an abnormally high number of hours, the dealer should work with you on this.