Oil & Fuel Does B7610 have a fuel shutoff petcock?

/ Does B7610 have a fuel shutoff petcock? #1  

dholly

Platinum Member
Tractor
B7610HST
Started clearing a pathway thru the woods yesterday. When I came in and hosed off, I noticed fuel leaking from the fuel filter housing. After a bit of fussing, I determined the housing bowl was not seated correctly. Whether it was cross-threaded originally, or I bumped it working in the woods (it does seem vulnerable enough to need a shield) I have no idea. But in an attempt to stop the diesel slick from spreading, I quickly searched for a fuel shutoff upstream of the filter housing - and never did find one. I ended up pulling the inlet hose and plugging it with a nail punch while I reseated the housing bowl. Aside from the ignition selenoid, is there a manual fuel shutoff on the B7610? If yes, pardon my ignorance, where exactly is it? If no, think I'll add one ahead of the filter somewhere.

Attachments

• 620518-CIMG2809_0003.jpg
    620518-CIMG2809_0003.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 288
   / Does B7610 have a fuel shutoff petcock? #2  
I think on my B2910 there is no shutoff, but when you take the plastic cover off there is some kind of shutoff inside, so the fues flow stops until you screw it back on...

I don't know what the mechanism is, but that is what I did when I changed my fuel filter and I did not lose much if any fuel in the process...

Maybe a B7610 owner will chime in with specifics...it would not surprise me if the B7610 was the same as my tractor...but I don't know and can only speculate... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Does B7610 have a fuel shutoff petcock? #3  
B7510 does not have fuel shutoff, has some kind of check valve that is supposed to stop the fuel flow when you take the bowl off, but you have to have less than 1/2 tank of fuel or an overflow hose will siphon fuel back down through the filter.

I don't know if B7610 is the same, but probably is.

Look under Fuel Filter in the Operator's Manual.

Bill Tolle

/ Does B7610 have a fuel shutoff petcock?
Thanks, you guys were right about the check valve. Works with 1/2 tank or less which explains why mine was gushing... I had about 3/4 full. I can't see any harm in adding an inline petcock ahead of the filter, along with a filter shield of sorts.

/ Does B7610 have a fuel shutoff petcock? #5  
DHolly, what do you think about that B-7610??
I have considered buying one>>>>>

stumper

Not sure if I can give you a qualified answer, as I've lived with mine for such a short time I havn't even begun to really put it through all it's paces. I can say I was very impressed with the few hours spent clearing the woods, making great headway on my trail clean up project. Many folks have shared their experience and project stories for 7610, 7510, 2910, etc. It's a hard worker for the size and price point IMO, certainly worthy of consideration. My biggest complaint so far is the FEL joystick rattle at low rpms.

/ Does B7610 have a fuel shutoff petcock? #7  
Dismantle the joystick cover and then align and tighten the control linkage fittings, be sure to spray it all with white lithium grease and the bothersome rattlling loose linkage will soon become a thing of the past.

Will surely will be giving that a try SkyPup, but right now the novelty has not worn off and when I have some free time I'm more inclined towards seat rather than wrench time. My temporary 'fix' is doing the job. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm putting up a pic of the fuel filter housing too. Any reason not to use the gray frame bolts for shield attachment points? Don't want to use the FEL bracket bolts.

Attachments

• 621043-CIMG2814_0003.jpg
    621043-CIMG2814_0003.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 341
   / Does B7610 have a fuel shutoff petcock? #9  
There is another method to use. KD tools
Just pull the spring back on the fuel line and clamp the fuel line with these or something simular and you have an instant shutoff valve.