2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #1  

RAllen

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 2910
I am a big guy, over 6'3" 275 so I know thats a part of my problem. I was wondering if any others have the same problem. The switch assembly for the turn signal and headlights is on the lower left panel. I seem to to hit it with my knee when mounting/dismounting, knocking the whole assembly out of the panel. It goes back in with a snap with no perm. damage. It does seem to be a little too loose now. Sometimes my knee just turns the switch on or off.

Anyone else have this problem?

Rick

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #2  
Rick, I've accidentally turned mine on by bumping it, but have never knocked it loose.

Bird

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #3  
I've done the same thing but never knocked it off the dashboard. The 2910 has a telescoping tilt steering wheel, do you raise it to make it easier to climb out?

Leef

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #4  
Rick:
I have done the same as Bird. But have not popped the switch out. I'm 5'10" and this is still easy to do. Good thing lights go off when ignition is turned off. Other wise I would have a dead battery whenever this happens./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #5  
Rick- I've bumped it with my knee or leg a few times, turning on the lights or a turn signal but like the others I haven't knocked the switch out of the panel. I'm 6'2" and about 190 lbs.

Dave

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #6  
I'm 6'2" on a B7500, so I should have the same problem; and I did until I did 2 things:

1. Moved the seat back to the farthest back setting
2. Added a 2" square steel tube between the seat slider and the frame (raises the seat about 2")

My knees clear just fine now.

The GlueGuy

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount
To be truthful, I have only knocked the entire assembly out 3 or 4 times. Mostly, its just accidently turning the lights on/off. /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Glueguy:

Hmm... I have toyed with trying to modify the seat, get it back but there was no room. Going up is a good idea. The 2710/2910 seat is adjustable but I think I might be able to get some extra height. Would like to see a photo of your mod.

Sometimes I do use the telescoping adustable feature but mostly I just get up and go.

I know those folks back in Japan have a hard time with our large sizes. Its the only drawback to a fine machine. Looks like the light switch position is a design defect.

Rick/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #8  
I'll see if I can do a pic for ya. It's pretty simple; two pieces of 2x2 square tubing about 10" long. Unbolt the whole seat (4 bolts). Drill 2x2 tubing to match the seat/frame. Remount. Need 4 short bolts/washers/nuts. I used 4 5/16" bolts 3/4" long (I chose stainless, but cad plated would work too).

That's about it. I'm only 200#, but since I'm only 1" shorter than you, and on a smaller tractor, thought the dynamics would be pretty close.

Might be a while before I get a pic though. Haven't succumbed to the digital camera mavens yet. I'm too cheap. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

The GlueGuy

/ 2910 Light/Turn Signal Switch Mount #9  
Rick,

Got my digital camera & took a couple of pix of the seat extension. The first one here is taken from the front of the seat standing on the right side of the tractor.

The GlueGuy

Attachments

• 2-57835-SeatExt-FrontRight.jpg
    2-57835-SeatExt-FrontRight.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 109