Connecting BX loader valve

/ Connecting BX loader valve #1  

Nik

Gold Member
Tractor
B3030 Kubota HST
Having problems with 2 of the 4 connections for my BX23. I disconnected the front plow blade and I am trying to attach ny loader now. I cannot get 2 of the connectors to the joystick assembly to snap on. I push them on to the male piece (tractorside) but the spring loaded outside ring on the female connector (FEL hose side) will not snap outward to lock the connection. Is this because of too much hydraulic fluid pressure in the FEL line? I remember reading about releasing the pressure using a rag and was it a nail punch or something else. How do you guys remedy this? The FEL was taken off in the fall months and I did move the joystick several times before disconnecting. Thanks.

/ Connecting BX loader valve #2  
The hydro fluid in the FEL has pressurized. How? Hard to say, could be this nice warm weather has expanded it or some alien has been useing it at night /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif or perhaps like me you may not have relieved the pressure by moving the joy stick around enough before you disconnected the fittings /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but in any case what I do when this happens is to use a 3/8" socket extension and press in on the center pin of the coupler connected to the FEL, be advised that you have to press pretty hard and a sudden spurt of hydro fluid will shoot out. Not much but enough to ruin a shirt or get into your eye.
Once the pressure is relieved you should be GTG.

Volfandt

/ Connecting BX loader valve
Volfandt,

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. I used the 3/8" extension and a rag. The pin in the coupler pushed in with less force than I expected. Only a small amount of fluid came out. I was easily able to make the connections after that. The FEL is now attached and working fine.

/ Connecting BX loader valve #4  
If your loader should suddenly stop working properly and you can't raise or dump, then move through the lever in a circular motion "hitting" all functions. The disconnect and reconnect the hoses at the valve. The first time this happened to me, I was stumped as to what it was. For some unknown reason, sometimes the valves become disconnected, but look like they are still connected properly. I don't know if this is a fluke that is unique to the older BX series loader valves and has been resolved in the newer BX series valves, but I do know that I am not the only one to experience this phenomena...

/ Connecting BX loader valve #5  
I experienced the same problem last week while using my loader....raised the bucket very high and apparently put some tension on one of the couplers. Couldn't raise or lower the bucket. Found the loose coupler and disconnected and tried to re-connect while the tractor was still running (big mistake) because I couldn't get the connector to seat properly due to the pressure in the system. (Didn't realise this until I read a later post). Moral of the story...make sure that your tractor is off and let it sit for a while to relieve the hydraulic pressure in the system before you try to connect the couplers.