Oil & Fuel No fuel through injectors, funny noise from pump

/ No fuel through injectors, funny noise from pump #1  

Jerry4

Tractor
Kubota L245DT
My tractor no longer runs. It will start but die. I took the injector lines loose at the top of the fuel pump and there is no pumping going on. What is the usual cause? I unhooked the supply for the fuel at the banjo and fuel runs through the line.

Do these mechanical pumps just stop?

This is on a L246 DT .

thanks

Jerry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ No fuel through injectors, funny noise from pump #2  
Replace the fuel filter and then bleed all the air out of the lines to reprime the pump, it makes funny noises with no fuel in it since the fuel helps to lubricate the pump.

/ No fuel through injectors, funny noise from pump
Thanks, that is the cheap first test. I have never had a filter clog on me before. The fuel will drain in you lower the hose, but maybe it needs more free flow to get enought to the pump.
We have been building a retaining wall and when the tractor quit, I had to switch to a wheelbarrel. Not a good switch!

Jerry

Dead Kubota

/ No fuel through injectors, funny noise from pump #4  
"We have been building a retaining wall and when the tractor quit, I had to switch to a wheelbarrel. Not a good switch!"

Your just approaching it wrong. Carry the blocks by hand without gloves for a day. The next day, throw in some gloves and then maybe the wheelbarrow. You will appreciate the wheelbarrow much more. Of course the most logical thing is to get the tractor fixed as soon as possible. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif