Temperature guage quit working

/ Temperature guage quit working #1  

Botabill

Platinum Member
Hello all

I have two questions I hope someone can help me with. I have a BX 1800 that is 2 years old with 350 hours on its. The temperature guage has quit working and the range selector lever is almost impossible to pull out of low range into neutral. Any ideas or suggestions on how to repair these problems?

/ Temperature guage quit working #2  
As for the gage. Did you check for loose connections?

/ Temperature guage quit working
Haven't done anything yet. I'll put that on my check list though. Thanks. Just thought I'd check here to see if there is a "usual" cause others have experienced.

/ Temperature guage quit working #4  
The temp gauge on my 1800 wasn't working when I got it. There's a spade clip on a wire that should attach to the top of the engine. Haven't encountered the other problem.

/ Temperature guage quit working #5  
With the key in the on position ground out the connector to the temp sending unit and if guage goes to full hot then you have a faulty sending unit.

/ Temperature guage quit working
Thanks paparammer you win first prize. When I checked the clip i found the wire had broken off it. That'll be a simple ceap fix. Thanks to you too wushaw. I didn't didn't have to try your suggestion but appreciate the knowledge for future use. This site and users are the greatest.

/ Temperature guage quit working #7  
mine is difficult to change out of low also.

I usually do like you do in a 4wd truck - go in reverse a foot or two and she should slide right out of gear.