BX2200 Cut Height Knob

/ BX2200 Cut Height Knob #1  

FarmerFrank

Tractor
Kobota BX2200
I have a new BX2200. On the first day I had it the Cutting Height Control Dial stripped out and will not turn the half-round post.

Questions: Has this happened to anyone else? Should I have been able to strip the Dial with one hand? Should I make my dealer give me a new dial?

/ BX2200 Cut Height Knob #2  
frank you must be pretty strong--it should not strip out because so little effort is needed to turn it. What you did I think--i bet is try to turjn it in the TOP position with the weight of the deck on the "Top" stops. In this position it will not turn--you must lift the deck with the lift lever and then turn the knob--if at anytime the knob is hard to turn lift the deck to the full up. Adjustments are made in the full up -lifted position. Adjusting the knob with the deck down can also damge the knob--common sense. J

/ BX2200 Cut Height Knob #3  
FarmerFrank, I'm impressed! I did my dangdest to strip that thing by trying to turn it with the deck down, and I couldn't budge it. I really cranked on it before my brain kicked into gear and raised the deck to top. No problem then or since.

/ BX2200 Cut Height Knob #4  
Have seen a few BX's where the metal tab that locks the knob into positon is extremely stiff. have to dissassemble and take some of the bend out of the tab (but not too much). I'ts not exactly the easiest trick in the book but it works. If the problem was deck not up while trying to adjust, this could be the problem. Stripping the knob by "hand" is pretty impressive.

/ BX2200 Cut Height Knob
Thank you for your response. I trully appreciate it.

My dealer is sending out his top mechanic to help me out with my troubles.

Thanks again.
Frank