transmission filter

/ transmission filter #1  

hlcds

Tractor
Kubota B2410
while changing the filters on mu b2410 hst, I had a difficult time getting the right side filter off. once I got it off, I could not get the new filter on. It seems to be rubbing against a bushing that prevents the filter from lining up right. How do I get the filter on?

/ transmission filter #2  
I had the same problem a few weeks ago when performing the 50 hour service on my B7500 HSD. The engine filter was a piece of cake. The transmission filter came off without a problem without removing the wheel, but I could not get the new one back on. Even with the wheel on clearance was fine and it seemed easy to line up the filter, however after struggling for at least an hour I ended up taking the wheel off and was then able to get the filter on. It was still not easy, but after trying for ten minutes or so I was able to catch the threads just right and it went on without a problem.

AC

/ transmission filter #3  
The lip on the filter hits the suction line just to the rear of the filter. Pretty much forces you to remove the suction screen (which should be done anyway) to gain good clearance for removing and installing the spin on filter.

/ transmission filter
Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try

/ transmission filter #5  
apcaruso...

I have a B7500HST that I was going to change the transmission fluid yesterday on (66 hours).

Have never changed it and could not figure out from the manual exactly where the drain plug(s)
are.

It appears that there are two - one right on the mid PTO and another that seems to be to the left
and below of the transmission filter - is that right? There seem to be numerous bolts down in those
areas with nothing really differentiating them, and I'm wary of pulling off the wrong bolt.

Also...the manual states that it takes over three gallons - when you changed yours, what quantity
did you end up using? I have a FEL and was wondering about the fluid in those lines (ie: should I
somehow try to bleed the oil out of the lines when I'm changing it - don't see how you really could).

Thanks.

/ transmission filter
Thanks for the help. I reoved the strainer and the filter went on with a breeze. I put 3 gallons of fluid in and it seemed to fill it up.

/ transmission filter #8  
Hi Snowman,

Sorry for the slow reply; I haven't logged in for a while.

When I drained the transmission fluid I only drained from the plug that is just below and to the left of the filter. Actually, I thought that was the only one mentioned in the manual. However, when filling it did only take about 2.75 gallons, so now I can see that I did not drain all of the old oil. After 63 hours the hydro oil was still VERY clean so I am not going to worry about it until the next scheduled oil change. Any small metal debris resulting during the break-in period should have been removed via the filter.
Regarding the oil in the lines, relatively is is a small amount and again, seeing the clean state of the oil after 63 hours, I was not be concerned about it.

AC