Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx2200

Default Tire broke? Front tire bubble bx220

Hello,

I was moving rock today (fel) and I noticed that my front tire was misshaped. It has a "bubble" in it and is very soft around that bubble, not rigid like the rest of the tire. The tire is the turf OTR Grassmaster for the bx2200.

Any ideas what could have caused this?
    Can it be fixed or do I need to replace the tire?
    Can I continue to use the tractor until I get a replacement tire?

It almost looks like a belt broke in the tire, do these tires have belts in them?

Please help.

Thanks

Wes

Tractor
    BX 23, Wheelhorse 312-8

Default Re: Tire broke? Front tire bubble bx220

I would get a new tire.

Maybe it could be foam filled??

I would use it (but be careful) until your new tire comes in.

Tractor
    KUBOTA L 2800

It sounds like the tire has a manufacturing defect and someone should replace it for free. The tire construction is included on the sidewall.

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

That is a broke belt in the fabric of the tire. Some might call this a manufacturing defect, but it most likely is a result of blunt force trauma to the tire..... i.e. ....... hitting a sharp object such as a curb, rock, etc. I would get a new tire immediately or have both front tires foam filled. It is only a matter of time before the bubble bursts and if you are doing work, the best that can happen, is you will be stopped for a while... the worse that can happen is anyones guess.... depends on what you are doing when if finally gives up the ghost and goes to tire heaven... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor
    BX 2230

Just keep it off the freeway and speeds below 35 mph only [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Locate a replacement and work till it won't. Then replace it, JMO

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx2200

Thanks for the information. I called around to several local kubota dealers and they all said the same thing. "We can order it, but it will take a few days. If you need a tire today, go to your local tire shop."

So I called around to the local tire shop and they didn't have them in stock. I did call Wal*Mart and they said they had a few tires that size in stock, but I haven't had a chance to check them out yet. After I look at Wal*Mart's tire, then I will make a decision as to what I shall purchase. I have heard that you should keep the tires the same size and tread design, is this true? Obviously, the size is important, but what about tread design. Will I have to buy two tires if I get a different brand?

I also called OTR (the mfg of the tire). They said the tire was out of warrenty, but my local Kubota dealer could order a new one. I said, but I need a tire now! He actually said to go to a local tire shop as well!

The bubble tire is still working for now. BTW: I had a 36x36 cement foundation jack hammered and now I am removing it with the bx. What an amazing job it has done.

Wes

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

Tread design isn't that important on a small tractor, like it would be on your car. As long as it is the same size and type.... ie. turf or bar, it won't matter if it is another brand or tread design. If you decide that you need two new tires, then order them from "whole goods department" of kubota through your tractor dealer. It is less expensive that way.

Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the information. I called around to several local kubota dealers and they all said the same thing. "We can order it, but it will take a few days. If you need a tire today, go to your local tire shop."

So I called around to the local tire shop and they didn't have them in stock. I did call Wal*Mart and they said they had a few tires that size in stock, but I haven't had a chance to check them out yet. After I look at Wal*Mart's tire, then I will make a decision as to what I shall purchase.

<font color="purple"> I have heard that you should keep the tires the same size and tread design,
    is this true? Obviously, ***the size is important, but what about tread design. </font>

Will I have to buy two tires if I get a different brand?

I also called OTR (the mfg of the tire). They said the tire was out of warrenty, but my local Kubota dealer could order a new one. I said, but I need a tire now! He actually said to go to a local tire shop as well!

The bubble tire is still working for now. BTW: I had a 36x36 cement foundation jack hammered and now I am removing it with the bx. What an amazing job it has done.

Wes

)</font>
    ===========
    *** <font color="purple"> I Have 4 different brands of tires with 4 different tread designs on my Dodge D 50 pick up however all 4 tires are the same size. </font>

Been doing it for 14 years with no problems.
    But don't let that fool you experence don't matter .
    Been there done that but it don't count.

Tractor
    BX 23, Wheelhorse 312-8

All of the tires are the same size huh?????

If you check the engineering specs for all of those different tires i bet you will not find 2 that are actually the same size.

Different models of the same size and manufacturer frequently have different outside diameters.

Never mind 4 different treads and 4 different constructions, sounds like some interesting handling.

Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX-22

This defies logic and reason..... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] This is like playing Russian Roulette with 6 bullets chambered.... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast