Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem

/ Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem #1  

Dirtdiggler

Just drained fluids on BX23 performing 50 hr service, I took out the old oil filter and noticed its larger than the new filter the dealer gave me to replace it with /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

New Kubota filter model I have is P/N 70000-15241, is this the correct one? Old filter I took out has no markings on it. I searched the owners manual and unable to locate the correct model anywhere /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyone know if this is the correct model filter for a new BX23? I have plans for lots of digging this weekend and going to be bummed if it is truely the wrong one. Is there another brand that will work, if so do you know the model #.

Thanks,
Kelly

/ Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem #3  
If the open end looks correct and it screws on properly, then it is in all probability the correct item. If not, then just install the old filter after you drain the oil out of it and go with that one until you can get a new one. 50 hours on that filter isn't that much that it is clogged. I know that a lot of people will disagree with this advise, but when life hands you a lemon, learn to squeeze it and make lemonaid..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If your BX23 has the same engine in it that the BX22 has, then the filter number is 70000-74034. If they have stopped using the BX22 engine in the BX23, I don't know. When the BX23 was introduced, they did continue to use the BX22 engine in that one model only. The rest of the new series BX tractors have a newly designed engine and the filter might be different.

/ Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem #4  
There was a thread not too long ago about this. (check with the search function) There are/were two filters in the book for the BX, a large and a small. (I forget which is the new design) The small one will work fine, but the large one of course is the preferred for more volume.

/ Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem #6  
Or you could go to tractorsmart.com. They have online parts and you can check what one applies for you.

/ Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem #7  
Hey, no fair junkman. You beat me to it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem #8  
and I had to look up the proper link to post..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have figured out the formula to find all the parts books on www.tractorsmart.com , but I am not telling how.. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem
Thanks everyone, looks like the 70000-15241 should work fine. Kubota website shows 15241-32090 but it appears they are one in the same. Almost 9pm, time to go back down to the shop and filler up with oil and drain the hydo fluids and filter. I love this site, a wealth of knowage! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Friday night and I have BX 23 Oil filter problem #10  
Make sure when your hydro is drained, you clean the screen!!!