BX series ATI quick attach forks

/ BX series ATI quick attach forks #1  

Woods

Check out this way cool quick attach set up for the BX series loader bucket from ATI in NewHolland Pa. They told me that you can use the factory loader bucket and still get a grapple kit for it. Of coarse if you get the quick connect for the bucket you'll want the fork attachment pictured...I know I do. Anyone have this setup and how much did they pay?

Attachments

• 635546-ATI quick forks2.jpg
    635546-ATI quick forks2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 679
   / BX series ATI quick attach forks #2  
I asked my dealer once how much that setup was and if I remember correctly the quick attach unit was around $300 and the forks and frame assembly was something like $1000 - $1200. I think the problem with the ATI setup however is that it moved the pivot points of the bucket out another 2-3 inches - this is going to use up some of the lift capacity of the FEL. I believe it actually moves the bucket up somewhat also in relation to the lower pivot point on the FEL arms which takes away some of the digging capability.

/ BX series ATI quick attach forks #3  
I second jim_wilson on that. I'm looking for a QA and a fork frame for my B3030 and I've looked at ATI. These are very expensive accessories /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . As Jim said, the fork frame and tines are around 1100$. I don't know the price for BX23 QA but for a B3030 it's 585$ /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif .

And it reduces the lift capacity. BX23 is around 460 lbs... I think this is not a good idea. What would be the lift capacity of a BX23 at, let's say, 30" forward? (knowing that pivot pins are now 2 to 3 inches farther) Not much. Even on a B3030 with 882 lbs lift capacity it's more or less acceptable. I'd have to split a pallet of compost in three to be able to lift it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif (weights around 2000 lbs). But I have no other choice.

Eventually, I'll know the answer. I'll try it with different weights.

But I have to admit... it's cool. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif