Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    KOBUTA BX23

Default BX23 (BT600) BH

Anyone had any experience with a bucket wider than 12 inches on the BH. I need to clean the edges of my pond bank. The dirt has sluffed into the pond due to waterfowl and now I have a levee that is becoming narrow at the top.
    I know they make a ditch cleaning bucket for larger tractors, but I can't find one for the BX. I need something about 3 ft wide or it will take me forever to drag the mud and slush back to the edge.
    Thanks,

Tractor
    B3000 HSDCC

Default Re: BX23 (BT600) BH

I only know of a 16" wide bucket that will fit the subcompact backhoes, but I don't know anyone that's actually used a bucket that big on them. I'd think your BX would have a difficult time moving a 3' wide bucket loaded with heavy, wet muck, even if you were able to find one that could be attached to the BT600.

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

The manual says you can take your teeth off yours and use it for this purpose.it aint as big as you want though,these little tractors are not big,but with a little more time they will do the job
    ESCAVADER

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    bx 23

I know of one guy on this board who had a 2 foot bucket on his bx. Said it worked fine. I inquired where he got it and he said that he had it made by a shop in his area. That's the biggest that I have heard of though.

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 TLB, TYM 330

Yes... I heard my name [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]. I have a 24" on my BX23. IMO this is the maximum a BT600 can manage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Where did you get a 24" bucket for the BX? Did it come off of another kubota backhoe or did you have it custom made?

Tractor

Yes, it's custom made. Where I've bought it the guys are real professionnals. They are used to build 24" backhoe buckets for B21.

But I have a problem. I've changed my BX23 for a B3030 with a BH75 and the bucket doesn't fit on the new one. So... I guess someone will be a lucky man. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] It cost me 525$US and I might let it go for 380$. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

For you guys I've just took 2 new pics of the bucket.

Enjoy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Tractor

Last one

Tractor
    Kubota B2910, BX2200, Yardman 20HP pos...

That is a nice looking bucket Stef...I should think that $US 380 or so would be a good deal for someone...

Not possible to have the mounting ears changed to match the BH75?

I'd love to have a 24" bucket for my backhoe...on my B2910... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor

I'll probably buy a 36" for my BH75... 692$US though + sale tax (15%). [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] (a 24" is 538$US + sale tax). I change because I don't want to bother with it and I'm sure a 24" for a BX23 will benefit someone else. It's a fine bucket... and I should say that once you've change the 12" on a BX23 for a 24"... you don't want to go back! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (exception for stumps... you need a narrow bucket with teeth).

Now, I understand why landscape gardeners prefer to work with a 24".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast