running rough

/ running rough #1  

kuby

Silver Member
Tractor
L 245DT
I ran my Kubota l245dt out of fuel and when I got it running again after bleeding, it is running rough at part or half throttle. At full throttle it runs goood but part is rough. I replaced the fuel filter and drained the fuel tank and there was water and rust present so after refuleing, bleeding and mixing in some fuel injector cleaner it began to once again run good but then after a tank of fuel it began running bad again, so should I replce the injectors or???? Are injectors exspensive??
Thanks Bob /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ running rough #2  
Check your fueling source, it may be contaminated.

/ running rough #4  
I'm guessing that you still have air in the system. You'd think that you would eventually push it out but that just doesn't happen....at least for me.

I would suggest bleeding the fuel system again according to the manual. You may need to do it several times in order to get it right.

Good Luck,
Kevin

/ running rough #5  
Injectors are expensive and should be protected from contaminants by a clean filter. My guess is that you still have a dirty filter and the tank needs to be removed and cleaned to resolve the problem. Also, don't use contaminated fuel that you believe that you can filter. It just isn't worth the aggravation. After the tank is cleaned and the new filters installed, make sure that the fuel is clean, fresh, and water free. I have seen people contaminate good fuel by putting it into dirty container. If your transportation containers are contaminated, they will just continue to cause problems.

/ running rough #6  
I agree with Junkman, get rid of the old fuel and if necessary buy a new transport container. I always use a fuel conditioner in any and all fuel.
Try buying fuel from a truck stop as it is fresh and usually filtered very well. Buying at the neighborhood store might be a bit risky....just my $.02