Hydro Screen

/ Hydro Screen #1  

bird1968

Gold Member
Tractor
BX24 after years of BX22
Here is a hydro screen at 400Hrs, yes these are all metal shaving... The dealer did (was supposed to) have all done this for me at 50Hrs.
I strongly suggest doing this at the recommended interval....

Attachments

• 641317-hydro sreen dirty.JPG
    641317-hydro sreen dirty.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 889
   / Hydro Screen
Here is where u can find it... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 641319-hydro sreen.JPG
    641319-hydro sreen.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 759
   / Hydro Screen #3  
Thanks for posting the pictures. I am approaching 50 hours and I was wondering about this step.

What do you do with the filter at this point. Do just clean it off or do you put a new one in. If it's a matter of cleaning, how is this accomplished.

It also seems by taking the time and doing this step yourself may give peace of mind knowing it was done and done right.
Your post will help many. thanks

/ Hydro Screen #4  
I can tell You for $11.00 or so I replaced the strainer and "O" rings.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hydro Screen #5  
I also replaced mine- and then cleaned the old one for future use.
You need to use spray-type brake cleaner.

/ Hydro Screen #6  
I would venture to guess that is was done at 50 hrs. I did mine at 300 hrs. (bought used) and it had considerable more shavings than that... and I don't think it had ever been done before. If yours had never been done before I would think there would be more shavings present.

It is a very simple process to clean the strainer. I used brake cleaner to wash it off and then rinsed it off by dipping it in hyd. oil. I was tempted to buy new o-rings but after looking at the setup, IMO, it is unlikely that they will get damaged and should be in ok shape. It is simply a metal screen so I see no point in replacing it. Just clean it off and be careful with it! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Hydro Screen #7  
That screen sure is dirty. I did my BX1800 at 50 hours and it had a few metal shards on it. I did it again at 350 hours and there were next to none. The second time I did it I thought I'd wasted my time but by the looks of yours you sure didn't.

Botabill

/ Hydro Screen
Hi T_Jim,

I agree with all the replies & there's nothing like doing it yourself "the peace of mind" that you get from it.
My approach was to use compress air & blow it out first from the inside & then on the outside. Inspect the screen, if it looks good ,reuse oring (make sure that they are in the grove, use light grease to hold them there), tighten & inspect for oil leaks, after you refill UDT fluid.
Strange thing up here in Canada about the SUDT, the Super UDT does not exist, cannot get it from Kubota dealer? If there was a place that would require the Super (for extreme temp) it would be here. It looks like the "Super" may stand for something else "money scam". I'm using the Walmart UDT oil, which is has the Kubota UDT approve equal on the label.

/ Hydro Screen #9  
Where did everyone purchase the replacement Hydro Screen
from and where do the O Rings go? Does it come as one new whole piece like the picture and one just screws it back in the way it came out? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thank-you

/ Hydro Screen #10  
I just cleaned and re-installed mine. There were a few small flakes on it (averaging less than 1/16th square) and the screen & O-rings were undamaged so I just put them back on. No leaks (yet) with 10 hours of running time. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The screen is a "bolt" which goes through a banjo fitting, so the O-rings are on either side of the banjo fitting. There is a groove for them to ride in and holds their position (with a little grease).