BX tractor with a FIMCO sprayer?

/ BX tractor with a FIMCO sprayer? #1  

JWE

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I purchased a 25 gallon FIMCO pull behind sprayer to use with my BX2200. If any other TBNers have this combination, I have a couple of questions.

Can you power the sprayer via the power connectors under the seat? I cannot find any specs on how much current the pump draws. I suspect the pump is less than 100 watts.

Because the sprayer has a short tongue you can't make a very sharp turn. The lower arms of the 3PH will not clear the sprayer tank. I could remove the links between the upper and lower arms and tie up the lower arms or I could make an extender for the drawbar. How did you resolve this problem?

John

/ BX tractor with a FIMCO sprayer? #2  
John,
I have that same sprayer and I hooked up a switch on the dash to control the pump. I got the hot wire from a tap where the battery compartment is located. You could also use the tap under the seat and then use the switch on the pump to turn it on-off. As far as the 3 point hitting, I took the links off and used 2 pieces of short chain to hold the arms up and out of the way. No problems turning.

Bill

/ BX tractor with a FIMCO sprayer? #3  
John,

I have a Northern Tool sprayer. I use a draw bar on the 3 pt and attached the sprayer tongue to it, works fine. I then picked up a darw bar lock from e-bay to prevent the bar from turing. The set up works fine total cost was about $45.

Here is a link to the draw bar locked I used.

web page

/ BX tractor with a FIMCO sprayer?
Bill, thanks for the information.

Is your property hilly? I am wondering if I will have a problem with sucking air when the tank starts to get low and I am on a hill (my property is hilly). The pickup is in the center of the tank and there are no baffles to dampen the migration of fluid in the tank.

John

I made a drawbar for my BX but it has a small design flaw. When you make a sharp turn the tongue hits on the support frame. I will order one of the locks and use the drawbar that I have. (picture0

John

Attachments

• 642090-cross drawbar 2.jpg
    642090-cross drawbar 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 403
   / BX tractor with a FIMCO sprayer? #6  
John,
I'm fairly level where I do my spraying. You will have to keep the tank on the full side or you will suck air. Try to do all your hilly spraying first while the tank is full. Your love that sprayer, it works great /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Bill

Bill, I live on a hillside with very few flat areas. I may call FIMCO tomorrow to see if they have any suggestions. Maybe they have a different type of pickup that I can install in the tank. Many years ago I used a farm sprayer and it had a pickup that followed the fluid around the tank.

John

/ BX tractor with a FIMCO sprayer? #8  
John,
If you can't find one that follows the fluid, you could also make your own pickup out of a piece of clear vinyl hose.

Bill

/ BX tractor with a FIMCO sprayer? #9  
Very nifty locking device, are the pictures on EBAY accurate? In the picture it appears there may be some material welded on the lower portion of the inside of the channel. Is this the so, or is the channel clear on the lift arm side?

Cheers John