BX Anti-Scalp Wheels

/ BX Anti-Scalp Wheels #1  

tomnky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I was at the local Kubota Dealership this morning and was looking at a BX2230 with the 60" deck.

I immediately noticed that the anti-scalp wheels have zerks in them now..........Wonder Why?...lol

I went in and questioned the parts guy,lo & behold the replacements for all of use with the older decks now have the same part number and come with the zerks as well.

From what he told me the bolts, bushings and everything else is the same . The price of the new wheels is between $15.00 & $16.00.

I thought a few might be interested in this as it has been discussed time and again here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX Anti-Scalp Wheels #2  
I have a new 60" MMM and it didn't come with them. I must have gotten some old stock. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ BX Anti-Scalp Wheels #3  
Zerk fittings are not going to do much for them unless they have a bronze busing for the axle to ride on. It might make them last a little longer, but plastic isn't much of a bearing surface for the axle, grease or no grease.

/ BX Anti-Scalp Wheels
Paul they have bronze bushing that go in on each side of the wheel.

At least that's what the parts breakdown showed when we looked at it at the Dealership. The parts man told me the bushings came with the wheel, It sure would be interesting to see if it does.

/ BX Anti-Scalp Wheels
Next time You are at a Dealership look at them Matthew, The new wheels part number was just added to the BX2200 parts list according to the Parts personnel.