B7300 - Pushing the FEL into "float" postion?

/ B7300 - Pushing the FEL into "float" postion? #1  

DmansPadge

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master
B7300 - Pushing the FEL into \"float\" postion?

Hey guys... it seems like I've seen posts on this before. I just realized that I can push my FEL joystick up all the way and it seems to lock. I think I have heard that this is the float position? Does this mean is simply applies the weight of the FEL and no up or down force of the hydraulics?

/ B7300 - Pushing the FEL into "float" postion? #2  
Re: B7300 - Pushing the FEL into \"float\" postion?

Yes . John

/ B7300 - Pushing the FEL into "float" postion? #3  

That is absolutely correct. Condition yourself like we did, to go to the float position automatically when you are carrying a load if something goes wrong.

Getting the load and the FEL to the ground quickly just might save your bacon some day, but it's got to be done quickly.

/ B7300 - Pushing the FEL into "float" postion? #4  

Yup, that's an old throwback from my forklift years.. I do, however keep trying to work the "side-shift".
Left on the joystick just doesn't work! I'm actually serious. Trying to forget old habits.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ B7300 - Pushing the FEL into "float" postion?

Thanks guys! You all have "learned" me! I will have to practice this "new" operation! I would assume that it would be good for smoothing out dirt?

/ B7300 - Pushing the FEL into "float" postion? #6  

i agree with these guys, use the float position to quickly drop the load to the ground in a hazardous situation. it is second nature for me, running heavy equipment, my hand never leaves the joystick when carrying a load.

/ B7300 - Pushing the FEL into "float" postion? #7  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yup, that's an old throwback from my forklift years.. I do, however keep trying to work the "side-shift".
Left on the joystick just doesn't work! I'm actually serious. Trying to forget old habits.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )</font>

HaHAHa. Thats wierd, I have found myself trying to do the same thing