B7610 hydraulic oil change quantity

/ B7610 hydraulic oil change quantity #1  

v8dave

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7610
Anybody else changed the hydraulic fluid in their Kubota B7610?

The manual says the capacity is a bit over 4 gallons. On draining mine I only got out about 2.5 gallons. I know you don't get it all on an oil change, but just about a third of the fluid, a gallon and a half, still in there? Doesn't look good to me.

The dip-stick indicated the transmission was full before the draining. I did get both drain plugs too.

Looking to see if this is normal on this tractor, what's your experience?

/ B7610 hydraulic oil change quantity #2  
I don't have any experience with a B7610, but my B2710 is still a puzzle to me. I've got a low serial # model, and the manual calls for 14 liters. This pushes it way past the high level mark on the dipstick.

My dealer doesn't seem to know how much should be in there, and nobody else that I've talked to can tell me either, so I go with the 14 liters as per the manual.

Slim

/ B7610 hydraulic oil change quantity #3  
How many drain plugs did you remove? I'm not familiar with the 7610, but on my Kubotas you had to remove 3 or 4 different drain plugs to drain it all.

/ B7610 hydraulic oil change quantity #4  
v8Dave -

I think this INCLUDES the front transaxle - something I forgot to do at the 50 Hr interval. I'm probably going to do everything again @ 150 hrs - and I won't forget then!

(I don't know if there's a link between the main tranny case and the front axle - but I don't want to risk pulling one of the front plugs "expecting only 1.5 gallons" - but getting a bunch more! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )

I think that's where you'll find it!

Da

/ B7610 hydraulic oil change quantity
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( How many drain plugs did you remove? I'm not familiar with the 7610, but on my Kubotas you had to remove 3 or 4 different drain plugs to drain it all. )</font>

I followed the owner's manual and removed the two plugs the manual indicated. Yesterday, looking at it, these two points appeared to be the two low points for the system.

Although, your asking the question got me to thinking. Of the two plugs one is forward in the center at the front axle drive shaft output. That one clearly appears to drain the front portion of the transmission/rear axle assembly. But the second plug drains the rear axle only on the left side. I just went out and checked the right side and there is a plug there too. I'll pull it and see how much I get out of there. From the looks of things, I doubt I'll get more than a quart out if it. But, that's 1 of 6 still in there.

I ran out of time to complete the job last night as I was still draining the backhoe tank when the dinner call came. So, I still can check this as I haven't re-filled either the backhoe or transmission yet.

Thanks, Bird.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't have any experience with a B7610, but my B2710 is still a puzzle to me. I've got a low serial # model, and the manual calls for 14 liters. This pushes it way past the high level mark on the dipstick.

My dealer doesn't seem to know how much should be in there, and nobody else that I've talked to can tell me either, so I go with the 14 liters as per the manual.

Slim )</font>

Clearly, in my case putting the 4.04 gallons (15.4 L) into the transmission would way overfill the unit. I'm going to fill to the full mark on the transmission dipstick, run the tractor, and then top off again. Given the short length of the dipstick (less than 2" inside the transmission) on this tractor's transmission, an overfill would likely have oil comming out of the dipstick hole.

Overfilling gearboxes and engines can sometimes cause problems. On old rebuilt engines when pans and dipsticks can be changed, putting the specified amount in is appropriate. Then the dipstick is calibrated for the "full" mark. I've done this on some of my rebuilt flathead engines (the v8 in v8dave). On new equipment I'm inclined to trust the dipstick.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( v8Dave -

I think this INCLUDES the front transaxle - something I forgot to do at the 50 Hr interval. I'm probably going to do everything again @ 150 hrs - and I won't forget then!

(I don't know if there's a link between the main tranny case and the front axle - but I don't want to risk pulling one of the front plugs "expecting only 1.5 gallons" - but getting a bunch more! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )

I think that's where you'll find it!

Da )</font>

The manual has two sections, one for the transmission and one for the front axle. It lists both section's capacaties separately. Makes me believe it isn't lost in the front axle.

The maintenance schedule table in the manual doesn't list the front axle for change until 300 hours. However, it probably wouldn't hurt to do it earlier.

I don't know where the extra oil is I was just wondering if anybody had measured the quantity of oil they had drained. I happened to measure mine because I pour the waste oil into one gallon containers to take to the disposal yard.

/ B7610 hydraulic oil change quantity #8  
I have had my B7610 for two weeks now and I dont know it like I should. Reading this post made me wonder what exactly is feed with the transmission fluid. I know the transmission and hydrolics but what about the rear axle and power steering? Do they run off of the same resivor?

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have had my B7610 for two weeks now and I dont know it like I should. Reading this post made me wonder what exactly is feed with the transmission fluid. I know the transmission and hydrolics but what about the rear axle and power steering? Do they run off of the same resivor? )</font>

Yes and yes.

On a Kubota B7610 the hydraulic fluid for the transmission feeds: the power steering, transmission, and lubricates the rear axle; it also supplies the hydraulic fluid for acessories such as: 3 point hitch, top and tilt, loader, snow blower (if you have them).

The only separate reservoir hydraulic operated accessory on my B7610 is the Kubota backhoe.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( . . .
Given the short length of the dipstick (less than 2" inside the transmission) on this tractor's transmission, an overfill would likely have oil comming out of the dipstick hole.
. . . )</font>

This is not correct, the dipstick is 6'' long inside the transmission. But, I still managed to over fill the transmission--no leak so far.