BX2200 3PH Speed Control Stuck

/ BX2200 3PH Speed Control Stuck #1  

ToolDad

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I seldom adjust the down speed of the 3PH lift mechanism. I recently discovered that the control is stuck in one position. I have tried lubricant, push/pull knob, and looked for some method of adjust, but no luck. Also, this was the first time I tried to adjust it since having the front cover of the transmission replaced; may have been a problem with the re-assembly. Any ideas how to remedy? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ BX2200 3PH Speed Control Stuck #2  
Mine is the same way If I do not turn it on a regular bassis it becomes very hard to turn.

/ BX2200 3PH Speed Control Stuck #3  
I hope this may be someting you already tried, but are you adjusting it with the impliment in the full down position?
(don't ask me how I know to ask that)

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX2200 3PH Speed Control Stuck #4  
I had the same problem and tried WD-40, Liquid Wrench to no avail. Finally I went out and bought PB Blaster, soaked it with it then left it over night. Next day it turned without too much trouble. Now I try to lubricate with Silicon spray once in a while.

/ BX2200 3PH Speed Control Stuck
Actually, now that you ask, I did try it with an implement attached, in both the full down and up positions just to be sure. No luck. Felt like lube was not the issue, but based on the responses, I will try again. What is PB Blaster anyway (not familiar with that one)?

/ BX2200 3PH Speed Control Stuck #6  
PB Blaster is another product to loosen rusted parts etc. You can pick it up at Autozone, Advance Auto and I think even Wal-Mart. You will find it near the others of that type.

/ BX2200 3PH Speed Control Stuck
Thanks for the info on PB Blaster. I tried some lube again last evening along with a pair of vise grips, and prolem solved. quite relieved because I had decided it was something much more serious (and costly! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif).