Backhoe Backhoe Performance

/ Backhoe Performance #1  

jerryb1973

Tractor
1949 Farmall Cub
I am told that a backhoe that runs off the tractor (L3130) hydraulics will be slow reacting when comparied to the BH90 which has its on selfcontained hydraulics. Is that correct??
Woops, posted on the wrong thread. Sorry about that -- please answer in Owning/Operating.---Thanks

/ Backhoe Performance #2  
OK, I moved it over here for you. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif And deleted the duplicate because I moved this one before I saw the other one. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Backhoe Performance #3  
Depends on the make and model of tractor and backhoe. If the tractor's internal flow capacity is on the short end of what the backhoe needs, it could be an issue.

The L3130 is rated at 8.3gpm flow for implements... that is kind of at the low end of what you typically see called for on 9ft, subframe backhoes like the BH90 (which is not self-contained; the BH4690 is the self-contained one). However, Kubota says the L3130 and the BH90 are compatible, so it's probably not a problem.

Maybe someone with the L3130/BH90 package can comment.

/ Backhoe Performance #4  
Jerry,
If any particular model backhoe is run off the 8.3 gpm tractor pump at Xpsi and then off a pto pump with the same flow and psi, it would react identically and have the same capability. You would need to consider the pump available, the size of the BH cylinders and the valving to compare reaction time, in other words compare apples to apples. A BH90 is not a professional backhoe and if time is of the essence then maybe something else may be a better choice. If you "test drive" the BH90 and then perhaps the Woods 9000 if that is a pto model, which I think is a similar offering (I could be wrong), you should do it with identical tractors to make a fair comparison. I would kick the tires rather than take anyones word, afterall it's your money and your decision. One thing to keep in mind is the use of rear hydraulics made available with the BH90 type of setup have the potential to be used with other implements also. I suggest trying before buying.
Happy shopping,
Martin