Fixed vs Folding ROPS height?

/ Fixed vs Folding ROPS height? #1  

carrerascott

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
My new B3030 with folding ROPS is about 1/2" too tall to get into my shed without folding the ROPS down... I thought I saw the fixed ROPS at the dealer with slightly shorter... is this the case? If so I might have to switch.. folding the ROPS every time is a PiTA.

/ Fixed vs Folding ROPS height? #2  
I don't know about the B3030, but when I bought the B7800 that was the case. The fixed ROPS was about 4" shorter than the foldable if I remember correctly.

/ Fixed vs Folding ROPS height? #3  
The L3130 has a folding rops requirement for use with a backhoe. The standard fixed rops is shorter.
I'm unsure if the same folding rops requirement is valid for the B3030 with a hoe. Just something to keep in mind.
Best of luck,
Martin

/ Fixed vs Folding ROPS height? #4  
Too late anyway. The tractor VIN and ROPS VIN are mated in the Kubota system. Dealers cannot change the ROPS like they can tire options.
(I asked!!!)

/ Fixed vs Folding ROPS height? #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The L3130 has a folding rops requirement for use with a backhoe. The standard fixed rops is shorter.
I'm unsure if the same folding rops requirement is valid for the B3030 with a hoe.)</font>

Why is the folding a requirement for backhoe use? I would have never thought of that, good question to ask when shopping.

/ Fixed vs Folding ROPS height? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Why is the folding a requirement for backhoe use? I would have never thought of that, good question to ask when shopping. )</font>

Not required, unless you like bumping your head. You need a higher ROPS for head clearance with a backhoe. Folding ROPS are generally taller. If they made fixed ROPS as tall as folding ROPS, many people wouldn't be able to fit their tractor in their shed or garage. Compare the BX23 folding ROPS (86") to the BX2230 fixed ROPS (71").