BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #1  

Tractor_Jim_CT

Silver Member
Tractor
BX23
Just checking for peace of mind.

I did the 50 hours a few weeks back and I can't help feel the BH is a lot slower. I checked the hydro trans fluid and is on top line of the dip stick, so fluids are OK. I remember when I got the BX23 the bucket curl was fast, the boom, left right movements etc. seemed a lot faster. I check the lines for kinks and all looks well there also.

If I lower the two backhoe legs to raise the back of the tractor to prepare to dig, then lower the FEL, the FEL doesn't have enough power to raise the front.

If I raise the BH legs, the FEL has not problem raising the front. Any other thoughts. Maybe it's grease time again. Thanks

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just checking for peace of mind.

If I lower the two backhoe legs to raise the back of the tractor to prepare to dig, then lower the FEL, the FEL doesn't have enough power to raise the front.

If I raise the BH legs, the FEL has not problem raising the front. Any other thoughts. Maybe it's grease time again. Thanks )</font>

Mine is the same way. I always drop the FEL first for that reason.

The speed of the hoe is directly related to your RPMs. Are you running it at the same speed and comparing apples to apples?

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #3  
Did you use super or regular UDT on the 50 hr?

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion
Used Super / From Kubota dealer. Seemed like a clearer liquid.

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Used Super / From Kubota dealer. Seemed like a clearer liquid. )</font>

That is the problem...... you got "Used Super / From Kubota dealer" .... I would have purchased New Super from the Kubota dealer rather than "used"..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #6  
Junk, you're good because you're "Oh-so-bad!" /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I asked about the super because there have been reports of driving speed being faster with the Super UDT, I was thinking that maybe this could be related to your issue. Blew that idea, sorry.

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #7  
Hmmm,
Didn't you have a little surprise with a check ball and spring during the service? Any chance that may be related?
You really have to measure the system pressure if you think things are happening slower now. Memory's are funny things, mine is like a colander and it's not improving.
Best of luck,
Martin

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #8  
I had the same thoughts as Martin: I recall you had an issue with the ball and spring, it would be easier to rule stuff out if you had a pressure reading on the system, and sometimes our memories just aren't the most accurate gauge of things.

Since you had the parts diagram of the ball and spring, its seems likely that it got put back together correctly. I've got my backhoe off right now, but I'll try and get it put back on tonight or tomorrow. I can then time a couple of movements (like fully curl the bucket, full swing, etc.). This will give you some numbers to compare against if you want. We can't go back in time to measure the speed of your backhoe before service, but this gives you something to compare against now. If a couple of other people posted some times as well, and we're all in the same ballpark, you should have enough data to put your mind at ease, or know for sure that things have slowed down and you need to keep pursuing a fix to the problem.

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #9  
I wanting to think that he removed the checkball & spring assembly out of the engine oil filter housing. If this is the case then it wouldn't effect hydraulic operation. The spring assem is clearly visable once you remove the oil filter.
If I'm mistaken (which won't be the 1st time) and the assembly came out of the hydro flter assembly (don't recall seeing one but that doesn't mean It tain't there) then belay this reply. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It could be something a simple as too much air in the system or as bad as some debris entered along w/the new fluid.

It could also be that the 3PH lever is in the raised position, inwhich case the rest of the hydro system will have very low operating pressure.

Volfandt

Volfandt

/ BX23 BH ... Seems a little faster than slow motion #10  
<font color="orange"> </font>

<font color="black"> </font>
I found on my New BX 23 this weekend, that for the FEL to pick up the front of the tractor, the thing must be in neutral, as the tractor will be in a bind if is is not alowed to roll little, as the FEL goes down. So if the outrigers are down, it won't allow the tractor to move a little bit, and keeps the FEL from doing its thing. Hope this helps.

Troy, very new BX operator. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif