Creep speed kit for "M" series

/ Creep speed kit for "M" series #1  

froggy

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.
Creep speed kit for \"M\" series

Has anyone added the creep speed kit option to their "M" series (M5700, 6800, 8200 or 9000) in order to have more speeds than the standard eight speeds? Has it made any of your tasks easier? I was thinking more in the areas of box blading and tilling. Do you believe it is a worthwhile option?

/ Creep speed kit for "M" series #2  
Re: Creep speed kit for \"M\" series

My L4200 has it… very handy, you will like it for tilling, don’t know how it would help in box blade work… but having lots of choices ‘16’ is nice. I use it more than I thought I would. KennyV.

/ Creep speed kit for "M" series #3  

I have the creep gear on my L4630, the only thing that I have used it for is running the transplanter, and then in gears 5-7. The fastest speed with my creep gear is in 12th and then it is only about 1.2 MPH.

/ Creep speed kit for "M" series #4  

I've have the creep gear option on my L5450. Like the others, I seldom use it, but when you do need it there is no substitution. If you are hooking up lots of 3 point equipment, creep gears (low range) will get you smack dab where you want to be every time. Good for tilling too, but not necessary most of the time as plain old 1st gear is usually slow enough.

Although surely not OSHA approved, you can actually let a creep geared tractor "run itself"... that's right, actually get off the thing while it is moving to do things like hand held spraying or similar activities. Nothing happens too quickly when the tractor is moving 0.000001 mph!

/ Creep speed kit for "M" series #5  

We have a M6800 without the creep speed kit. So far, I haven't noticed a need for any lower gears. Most of my box blade work is anywhere from 1st gear low to 2nd gear high (cleaning up the driveway a little).

/ Creep speed kit for "M" series #6  

Yo Tree Guy !! You are right - driverless tractors can do great work, even if OSHA would not approve. I used to spread custom-blended orchard fertilizer by running along behind my L345 and trailer, going from one row over to the other and back, spreading a couple coffee cans of mix under each tree. Used a bungee to hold the steering wheel as the tractor inched along in 1st. Worked like a charm and kept me in better shape in the bargain ! Luckily the row spacing was wide so there was room to make course corrections now and then.
Take care,
Dick B

/ Creep speed kit for "M" series

Thanks for all of your replies.

/ Creep speed kit for "M" series #8  

My M9000DTL came with the creep gears. I use the low low gears all the time for pulling my poultry house cleaning machine. I need the super low speed; in fact I wish it had a hydrostatic/IVT transmission. It’s great for hooking up equipment. It would be good for tilling but probably not needed for using the box blade.

Eric