New BX23 - bugs or quirks

/ New BX23 - bugs or quirks #11  
I relieve the FEL pressure by turning off the machine and moving the loader joystick in every direction. If this is not done, the pressure makes it very difficult to remove.

Just my 2 cents,

skivt

/ New BX23 - bugs or quirks #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No offense - but after spending over $15.000 you shouldn't be prying off coupling ends or using screw drivers on anything ...

This is the friggin' problem with our society today - this is what the consumers get today because everyone accepts shoody workmanship and poor performance - you better start screaming and don't let em' get away with anything... )</font>

Think you got the wrong guy on your reply

paul

/ New BX23 - bugs or quirks #13  
That works great when taking off the FEL or Backhoe, but it doesn't do anything to relieve the pressure in the lines of the FEL or backhoe once it's off the machine. I'm assuming (yes I know what they say about assuming!) that the problem is hooking the equipment back up. As far as I know, there is no other way to relieve the pressure in the FEL or backhoe, once it has been removed from the BX. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ New BX23 - bugs or quirks #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No problems on flat ground. The brake is not on. It just seems flaky sometimes. Also, I can't climb much of any hill in high range, even w/o the deck running, no attachments. Maybe I expect to much. )</font>

Sure seems like something is not right. From not to bad to worse: could be low on hydro fluid; clogged or defective air breather on the trans/hydro case; hydro relief valve stuck open or otherwise not allowing full pressure; bad hydro trans; or something adding a lot of drag.

When you can't move (like up a hill) do you hear a loud wine from the hydro ? If you do, it could be something dragging or a bad hydro. If you don't hear it it could be a bad relief valve for bad hydro.

In any case it should be under warranty, so have the dealer take care of it.

paul

/ New BX23 - bugs or quirks #15  
If you put a 3/8 ratchet extension into the coupler, wrap it with a rag and give it a tap or two with a rubber mallet this will allow the pressure to release from a parked implement. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New BX23 - bugs or quirks #16  
Thanks so much for the couple uncouple post, it was a life saver...I was reinstalling the bucket and the dump lines would not recouple...I used the 3/8 socket extension and before I knew it I was using the bucket to hual the dead tree that blew down in the big storm...without your post I would have been SOL.
THANKS BIG TIME!

/ New BX23 - bugs or quirks
Dealer came today, adjusted the brakes, is most likely replacing the mmm, and could not find a problem with the power.....they drove it up every hill on my property and it ran fine. I'll wait and see if it happens again.
Thank all of you for your assistance.