Backhoe B3030 BH75 Backhoe Drops (slowly) with engine off?

/ B3030 BH75 Backhoe Drops (slowly) with engine off? #1  

carrerascott

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Wondering if this is normal or if I have a hydraulic leak somewhere..

I have a tight spot where I park by B3030 with FEL and BH75 so I have to park it with the BH boom up (bucket is down and curled but not on the ground). After its parked if I come backa few hours later, the boom has lowered and it is leaning against the wall. Is this normal or do I need to check hydraulic connections?

Thanks!
Scott

/ B3030 BH75 Backhoe Drops (slowly) with engine off? #2  
Hydraulic bleed down is normal, the same thing should happen with your FEL and to a lesser extent the 3pt hitch. It should be very slow, slow enough that you don't see it but if you go away and come back you would notice it.

As a safety note, you should always lower your implements to the ground just so none of the kids comes around and hits the lever and drops the bucket or implement on another kid or the family pet.

/ B3030 BH75 Backhoe Drops (slowly) with engine off?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hydraulic bleed down is normal, the same thing should happen with your FEL and to a lesser extent the 3pt hitch. It should be very slow, slow enough that you don't see it but if you go away and come back you would notice it.

As a safety note, you should always lower your implements to the ground just so none of the kids comes around and hits the lever and drops the bucket or implement on another kid or the family pet.

)</font>

Thanks that's what I figured. I think if I turn the BH the other way I can lower it all the way and still fit it in my shed.. I'll give it a try.

/ B3030 BH75 Backhoe Drops (slowly) with engine off? #4  
Isn't there some sort of lock for the BH75 boom to keep it from going down, there should be ie. for transportation purposes?

/ B3030 BH75 Backhoe Drops (slowly) with engine off? #5  
just use the boom lock pin to keep it from falling.