Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on?

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #11  
The only thing I can say is that I bought the L39 for the improved hydraulics and I've been impressed. Attached is a picture I took today hauling a cube of brick which weighs something like 2300 lbs.

Notice as well that it is way extended beyond were the normal bucket would be putting even more strain on the hydraulics. Even so I could roll it back no problem. Hope you find the source of your probelm because what you've been describing is not right.

To answer some of your other questions.

No problem lifting the front end of the ground.

Lifting a full cube of block off of a flatbed trailer it just couldn't lift it until I took off a row. Having said that I don't recall lifting the back end off the ground. I haven't tried just one corner. I was not expecting to be able to lift a full cube of block when I bought it as a cube is something like 3300 lbs which is way more than rated capacity again hanging way out there.

Tim

Attachments

• 669005-DSC09876.JPG
    669005-DSC09876.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 747
   / Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #12  
Now that is more like it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The only thing I can say is that I bought the L39 for the improved hydraulics and I've been impressed. Attached is a picture I took today hauling a cube of brick which weighs something like 2300 lbs.

Notice as well that it is way extended beyond were the normal bucket would be putting even more strain on the hydraulics. Even so I could roll it back no problem. Hope you find the source of your problem because what you've been describing is not right.

To answer some of your other questions.

No problem lifting the front end of the ground.

Lifting a full cube of block off of a flatbed trailer it just couldn't lift it until I took off a row. Having said that I don't recall lifting the back end off the ground. I haven't tried just one corner. I was not expecting to be able to lift a full cube of block when I bought it as a cube is something like 3300 lbs which is way more than rated capacity again hanging way out there.

Tim )</font>

Tim,
Thank you for the information.

Taking off the Top row of blocks knock the load down to approximately 2650 Lbs. Considering how far out the load is from the pivot pin, I'd say your loader is delivering published Kubota performance. 72 cement block is a decent load.
I wonder if your loader will handle 80?

How high can you lift the cube of blocks?

The L39 standard bucket weighs 420 lbs (I have added 75 Lbs maximum to my bucket with the addition of a 2x 2x3/8' rear scraper, some side edge reinforcement and the hooks)

Do you know what the quick detach fork set weighs?

Again please confirm the loader will lift the front tires with the stablizers extended?

My TL1000 won't lift the tractor with the stablizers down.

Thanks,

Mike

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #14  
Mike,

Just to answer one of your last questions.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif My L39 will easily lift my machine with the stabilizers down. It's not the slightest struggle, with zero hesitation. Picutre was taken a few months back and posted previously.

Attachments

• 671806-L39.JPG
    671806-L39.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 370
   / Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #15  
Here's another of a massive rock I moved last week. It didn't lift it very much, but I was able to move it. I put the water bucket there for scale. Big boulder for any small machine to handle.

Attachments

• 671808-boulder.JPG
    671808-boulder.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 652
   / Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #16  
Great pic - looks like the tractor just might walk away on its own!

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #17  
Mike,

Check the hydraulic pressure for each function on your loader, meaning the lift, curl, and auxillary port if you have one. this is how i checked my tractor, got a 3500lb gauge attached to a female quick disconnect and put that on each pressure tap for the loader. (make sure you bleed the pressure before you try to take it back off by moving the stick)

ask your dealer what pressure is recomended. he should list two pressures, operating and max. your reading will indicate max pressure. if i were a guessing man, a pressure in the range of 1,900 - 2,300 seems correct.

later,
-chas

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #18  
Nice pic of that rock Jim, I know that thing weighs allot as nothing weighs more than solid rock except maybe wet cement. I'll post some unbelieveable rock moving photos here soon as I have been decimating our many rock gardens with our L39. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #19  
Jim,
how did you manage to pick the rock up? I can't seem to get the monsters into the la723 bucket and I have to use the curl and lift and push and roll and I end up riding them like a bronco sending them end over end. In fact I am not successful at getting most stones into the bucket even the ones that will clearly fit in. Is there a technique you could share?
Thanks,
Martin

/ Weak Loader on my new L39! What is going on? #20  
Martin, I MIG welded two 3/8" clevis grab hooks onto the top of the FEL bucket.

Then you just nestle the large rocks and boulders into the bottom of the bucket with the toothbar and then wrap a 20' 3/8" grade 80 chain around the boulder and use the curl to lift it back into the bucket, works great on our L-3130 with LA723 FEL and the L-39 with the TL1000 FEL.

This works allot better than attempting to simply dig and grab the rock with the FEL.