Joystick Controller Problem for FEL for BX2230

/ Joystick Controller Problem for FEL for BX2230 #1  

newcountry

Silver Member
Tractor
2005 Kubota BX2230
I removed my loader for the first time recently with no problems and locked my joystick controller. Yesterday I tried to reinstall it with some minor issues which I think I can figure out on my own, but I noticed that after unlocking the controller the stick is floppy front to back (raising and lowering the boom). Side-to-side works and has resistance, but front to back there is no resistance whatsoever. In fact the stick rests not in the neutral position but all the way in the back position.

I called my dealer who told me to switch the hydraulic lines around and see if I've got them lined up wrong and call him on monday. To me that sounded like "Go away I'm getting ready to close". But I will do what he suggested, even though I know I had them connected properly (did it twice yesterday).

Any ideas? It's under warranty so I have no issues about making them coming and fixing it, but curious if this is an easy fix maybe I'd just do it myself to get up and running.

/ Joystick Controller Problem for FEL for BX2230 #2  
I agree with your dealer. Sounds like you could have a mismatch on the lines. Does your BX have those colored caps to help you match them up?

/ Joystick Controller Problem for FEL for BX2230 #3  
The centering is the function of springs in the valve block. Getting the hoses crossed may cause some strange functions, but making the handle floppy would be a surprise. Did you look inside the assembly to see if the handle became detached from the valve assembly ? The coupling betwwen the handle and valve is via a couple of swivel joints that are screwed on, and may have gotten loose.

paul

/ Joystick Controller Problem for FEL for BX2230
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The centering is the function of springs in the valve block. Getting the hoses crossed may cause some strange functions, but making the handle floppy would be a surprise. Did you look inside the assembly to see if the handle became detached from the valve assembly ? The coupling betwwen the handle and valve is via a couple of swivel joints that are screwed on, and may have gotten loose. )</font>

I do have the color coded hoses and hooked them up twice with the correct colors.

Paul, I looked in the housing w/o taking the cover off. I saw something connected side-to-side but nothing top-bottom. I took a quick look at the cover and decided not to mess with it (mostly because there's two screws right next to the tractor body that I would not be able to get to). Do I need to remove the entire controller assembly from the tractor to look at the insides?

/ Joystick Controller Problem for FEL for BX2230 #5  
It sounds like something has broken in the valve/joystick. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If the FEL is less than 1 year old this is a warranty issue. Call the dealer to pick it up and fix it.

If it is more than one year old, the warranty is over, then it's up to you weather you want to dive into the valve or pay for the repair.

Best of luck either way.

/ Joystick Controller Problem for FEL for BX2230
Well, I went out to take another look. What I found out was -

1. There was only one screw that was close to the tractor body
2. I could get to that screw by removing the air intake screen (if that's what it's called) under the steering wheel.
3. Removing the cover after figuring those things out was pretty simple.

For dumping and raising the bucket there is a bracket that attaches to either side of the joystick controller. That was intact. For raising and lowering the boom there is a funky screw that has a ball-bearing joint on the end, which attaches to the valve assembly (again, if that's what it's called). That screw had fallen out!! Don't know why or how after only a few hours of loader work, and at the exact time I removed the loader. So, it'a simple fix. And it is under warranty but it will save me lots of time and trouble to just do it myself. The dealer is going to hear from me, I'm not going to be mean but matter-of-fact about it. Also, I'm going to need to know how far to screw it in (if all the way is OK) and if I can use loc-tite on it.

Thanks for the help everyone.