Got another weekend at home with BX 23

/ Got another weekend at home with BX 23 #1  

TroyR57

Gold Member
Tractor
B3200 tlb 290 hrs, Honda Bid Red 2013
Well, after being away from home for so long, got another free weekend, at home, two weekends in a row, what luck. We were working in New Orleans, Friday, and our next work will be in Greenville, MS, on Tuesday, so got to swing by Winnfield again. While on the road home, Friday afternoon, called my Dealer, Sam, and asked if he had the FEL hooks on, and could he drop the machine off at My place, as I was heading home, as we spoke. Good thing I did call, as he was taking off Saturday, to go rafting, so when I got home at 9pm, there she was sitting in the driveway.

Got to put four more hours on her Saturday. Pulled up one big stump, photos attached. After that, we were up to 10 hours on the meter, so gave here a bath, and greased all the zirks, and put her away.

I got a little time before church this morning, and found the BH, to make nice smooth, and level pull's, using the main boom, and, dipper, to break up a hard top soil layer, to encourage the grass to grow. This area, was where, a portable building had sat for years, and the grass is having trouble reclaming the area. A few plugs of grass, are starting to send out runners, but, I figure, breaking up the hard top layer, will help.

How's that for making up a job to play with the BH.

One more week, of work, and then, four to five weeks to play.

Troy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 667354-Web My New BX 23 023.jpg
    667354-Web My New BX 23 023.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 466
   / Got another weekend at home with BX 23
In this photo, you can see why I think the size of the BX was just right, I am between the tree, and the fence, with no room to spair. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif This was a nice size stump, which had been here, for several years, which, allowed the BX to get it, also the ground, was still very wet, in which made it easy to pull up.

Attachments

• 667358-Web My New BX 23 020.jpg
    667358-Web My New BX 23 020.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 441
   / Got another weekend at home with BX 23
One last photo, I must say, if I had more property, a larger tractor would have been in order, as, the BH seams just a little weak, but remember, I am use to lager track hoes, but it still got the job done. just takes longer. Maybe after, the break end, I can run WOT, and that will make it a little stronger, also, a little more weight, would help. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

All in all, it still get the job done /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Troy

Attachments

• 667362-Web My New BX 23 021.jpg
    667362-Web My New BX 23 021.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 437
   / Got another weekend at home with BX 23 #4  
Nice pics, Troy. That stump is just about the size of the one I pulled out this weekend.

I was thinking the same thing about my backhoe at first, but I've found the performance improves drastically with RPMs. I'm just a little under 50 hours so I still haven't used WOT, but even a small difference in throttle makes a big difference.

I'd like to see faster action when doing multiple motions, like swinging and raising the boom simultaneously. I'm still not too smooth of an operator at higher engine speeds, and what I find is it's kind of jerky when just swinging the boom, but add raising & curling simultaneously and things slow down considerably. Hopefully operation at WOT will help this and I'll get skilled enough to be smooth when doing only one operation.