Cut Tire

/ Cut Tire
The dealer ordered the wheel assembly (tire & rim). Kubota won't sell just the tire since they mount all their tires on rims.... I haven't a clue when they are shipping. I'll call tomorrow to see if one arrives, so that way a friend can pick it up and I can mow Sunday afternoon....
If the assembly, or a tire has not arrived by Monday I will pursue whatever legal action I can.... I'm not really sure there's a thing I can have done legally but it'll get Kubota and Firestone bad press.

It's official now... When and if I ever get a bigger tractor I do not see orange in the future because of this situation I'm setting in now.....

Kubota did not inform the dealer on Monday that they don't sell just the tire so it was backordered until whenever Firestone decided to make them again...of if they ever make them again.

I have so little faith in Kubota these days.

I can see myself on a Boomer, blue is my favor color anyway...

/ Cut Tire
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bo, you know what will happen if you go blue or green is something will break and it will take months to get the part that never has broken before /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
)</font>

Oh... Let's see. I ordered the parts to make telescopic lower links... Most the parts were there within 2-3 days, one took about 10 days.

I ordered a radiator and got that in less than a week.

A tire.... I thought the dealer would stock them, otherwise a phone call and 2-3 days later.... It's like day 12 since the tire was ordered and Kubota in now involved (they all know me in Georgia and California, Japan is next!) and it's looking like next week...a full two weeks to get a tire!!! INSANE.

I cut grass on the lawn mower 42" at a time.... It took forever (and looked a bit better than my 60 MMM. I went over the garden with a hoe tonight.... I had planned on using may handy dandy cultivator....

/ Cut Tire #13  
If You think two weeks is bad waiting on something, I had to wait six weeks for Hydraulic valve from Kubota.

Later when I called the Regional Parts Manager in Suwanee, Georgia , He said it was because of the way the Dealer ordered it.

I might add I was certainly livid about the whole issue, according to them there was not one of these in stock in the United States had to come from Japan. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Cut Tire #14  
If it were me, I think I would have it patched and then put in a tube until I could get another one.

/ Cut Tire #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If it were me, I think I would have it patched and then put in a tube until I could get another one. )</font>

I would have done the same.

There is a tire available at Soft Turf Knobby Tire 21x8x10 for $39.95 each.

Also found them listed at Carlisle turf handler tires . The last tires I bought for the B7100 were Carlisle's and they worked OK. Lots of places sell Carlisle tires or can order them.

I am 59 years old and have finally realized the world does not operate on my timetable. Some things take time. Manufacturers run particular items every so often and if I happen to hit them "off cycle" I may have to wait a while. In that case if I am in a hurry I go to Plan B as froggy suggested.

I have found over the years that tractor dealers do not normally sell tires anyway. They always tell me to go to a local tire store which is what I did when I bought the Carlisle's. After all, how many of use buy our tires at the Chevrolet or Ford dealer? (OK, so Ford is now pushing tire sales, but over the years how many tires has anyone bought from a car dealership?)

Bill Tolle

/ Cut Tire #16  
A boot and a tube and a bottle of green slime will cost less than $40 and take less than a half hour at the tire store and you would be mowing to your hearts content, probably lower blood pressure and you wouldn't be making your name known across 3 states and two continents in a less than favorable way.

Sounds like your dealer screwed up - lets just hope the dealer with the Blue tractors doesn't make any mistakes.

Life is short - dont sweat the little stuff.

/ Cut Tire
Too bad of a cut to patch. A gash is more like it. They said they could try to boot it, but doubted it would work.

/ Cut Tire
A 4 ply tire is okay for a lawn tractor but wouldn't hold up long on a little tractor, that's according to the tractor dealer.

/ Cut Tire
Well, tomorrow is two weeks since the tire was ordered.

The dealer told me Friday that I must have talk to the right folks at Kubota. They called the dealer and are over nighting a wheel assembly, I hoped for a Saturday delivery but nada.
If the thing is not there Monday I guess I'll drag the tractor on a trailor take to the dealer and get a blue one..... I can't stand the way Kubota does business, and they can't be trusted is my opinion at this point.

/ Cut Tire #20  
Is the cut on the side or in the tread? You might take it to a tire place that re-treads tires and see what they can do.