Cut Tire

/ Cut Tire #1  

theboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HST
Cut a front tire on my B7500, a turf 21X8X10.... These are odd ball tires. I called every tire/tractor shop within 50 miles and all that could be done was have it ordered.

/ Cut Tire #2  
I believe some ATV's have 21x8x10 tires, but may only be 4 ply if thats ok. Probably around $30 to $40 each.

/ Cut Tire #3  
I just replaced the fronts on my B7300 (finally cut the sidewall on one of them and they were pretty worn). They had a hard time finding the right size - and it was pricy. Mine are ag tires, paid nearly 100 bucks each and had to wait until they came in /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Nice tires, though, and I had them foam filled. Pricy, but I'm done with flats for the duration /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Cut Tire
It's now June 15 and still waiting on a tire....
I'm upset with Firestone and Kubota...... VERY upset. If I ever get the chance to get another tractor it may not be orange if they can't provide tires.... you know I've said here many a time how I'd love a 3130, but blue and green are both looking more attractive. FYI, on 4 wheel drive units you must used matched sets of tires or you could ruin the 4 wheel drive system (this goes for all types of 4 wheel drive vehciles).

Firestone said the tire was not in production. I was told by the dealer they were on strike. Kubota told the dealer the tire is one of the world's most popular tires (21 X 8:00 X 10)...I'd bet they are all going to rice fields in China.

Upset, more than most most could imagine....

My dealer has located 5 tires in the US, and from Kobota and they were supposed to start arriving yesterday but not as of 4pm the following day....

If a tire has not been found by June 16 they will be all heck to pay, including more phone calls to the Kubota, Firestone, lawyers, my bank and whoever will give me a chance to tell the story of LOUSY customer support by Firestone (no help on locating a tire and Kubota).

In fact I hope Kubota and Firestone sees this message.... Call me.... 606-831-1266

/ Cut Tire #5  
I have the industrial tires - on the front they seem to be common with bobcats, skid steers, etc. They are spendy, but a common tire . . . I didn't realize the AG tires were that much less common.

I cut the side of mine early on and couldn't bring myself to replace it as it was almost new. The local tire place said they would patch it but not guarantee anything - the patch lasted for over 100 hours of operation and I had a new tire waiting for when it gave way. Good luck!

/ Cut Tire #6  
Bo, you know what will happen if you go blue or green is something will break and it will take months to get the part that never has broken before /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It's murphy at work...you just have to be patient, I'm still waiting on a 20.00 part for a Hobart 120 mig welder that has been on order for two months.

/ Cut Tire
The blue place and green place don't use one of a kind products.... I can get every size known to man except the no so popular in the USA 21 X 8.00 X 10 tire.

I spoke with a regional Kobota Techinal issue just after the post.... He said he'd call me tomorrow .... I bet I never hear from him again.... Oh, he said one option was available, he was about sure Kubota has complete tire and rim assemblies available.... I asked him to ship new tires and wheels to replace so I can have a matching set since this is a Kubota parts issue. He chuckled.... If I don't have the tire tomorrow....whew, it's gonna be ugly.

On repairing the tire. The dealer said the could try to "boot" the tire, but didn't have much faith on it lasting. I have a good 2-3" (cut (plum thru) on the side of the tire.

/ Cut Tire
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bo, you know what will happen if you go blue or green is something will break and it will take months to get the part that never has broken before /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
)</font>

Oh.... When I called the green dealer he mentioned it being an odd sized tire and asked if it was for a 'Bota. My orange dealer is also a blue dealer.... The have tires to fit blue.

/ Cut Tire #9  
thebowman
Let's see if I have this right. You cut a tire and since Kubota won't send you a matching set, this is a parts problem. Kubota sells tires and wheels as a whole goods number, parts sells wheels only. You should be able to go to any good industrial tire vendor and get one of those tires. Not a lot of people stock turf tires, but should be able to find one for you.
Lewis

/ Cut Tire
It's a bastard size tire..... NOBODY makes the size but Firestone... You have to have matching sets for fronts/rear for ratios for the 4 wheel drive.

I'm a bit upset, Kubota is giving the dealership the runnaround now.....