Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck #1  

Schultz

Gold Member
Tractor
BX-2200
Mulching or High lift blades for 60\" RC60-21B Deck

Does anyone know where I can get some mulching blades form my 60" RC60-21B deck. I've looked all over and it doesn't look like they make Gator brand blades for it either.

Any help??
Tim

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck #2  
Re: Mulching or High lift blades for 60\" RC60-21B Deck

What are the Gator blades? I was thinking of mulching blades on a 60" deck without the full mulching kit. Is this what you were thinking of doing?

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck #3  

Matt,

You might try the mulch blades without the baffles and see what happens. The idea behind the baffles is that they form aerodynamic pockets where the grass blades can float around, up in the air, for a few seconds, giving the blades a chance to cut them into ever smaller pieces like a vegematic blender. There was one guy a few months ago who posted that he made his own chute deflector plate and used it with mulch blades, but no baffles, with some success. My guess would be that using the mulch blades alone would mulch better than just using standard blades, but the more of the baffles and chute plug you use, the better job it will probably do because it creates that floating effect. If you try this, let us know how it turns out.

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck

Gator blades are made by Oregon Chain company, from what I've read they do a great job, but they are limited number of Kubota replacements.

Gator Mulching Blades

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck #5  

Check this site.They have a good assortment of Blades and Gators.I just got a set of Gators for my Cub..and their prices are GOOD.http://mowproducts.itcstore.com/
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif They list your 60"RC60-21B with a Kubota PN and the same PN with a Gator blade.

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck #6  

I've been looking for gators myself but unfortunately they don't make a set to fit the BX's. They do have a set that are the right size in every way except for the center hole which is about an 1/2" or so to big. They supposedly fit a Kubota but which model is the question.....

Right now I'm running std blades with a home made mulch plug and am having pretty good results. I've pretty much decided to go with a set of Kubota mulching blades as a spare set and/or replace the stds. And I'll also try out the gators should they ever produce a set for the BX.

Volfandt

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck #7  

Kubota offers a high lift blade (60250-80280) for your RC60-21B.

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck #8  

Volfandt, I bought the gator blades from Mowproducts for my 54" deck around $10 each. I made bushings out of a forged steel pipe coupling to reduce the blade bore from 1-1/8" to 7/8"? for the spindle shaft. The bushing centers the blade and then with the large washers and blade bolts torqued, it seems to work fine, the blades work good, but I'm really waiting on the leaves this fall.
Good luck
Scott

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck

You beet me to it. I'm going to order some gator blades for the mower and make some bushings too. I was thinking of pressing mine in. Are yours press fit or slip fit?

Tim

/ Mulching or High lift blades for 60" RC60-21B Deck #10  

I turned the outside of the bushings to where I had a slight press fit to get them in.
Scott