Mowing Mid-mount mower on L series

/ Mid-mount mower on L series #1  

JTS

Is anyone experiencing problems with the lift attachment on the L series Kubota belly mowers?

I recently bought a new L 3710 with the Kubota mid-mount mower and I'm constantly losing the pins on the lift chains, twisting the ring pin stoppers and even breaking off the chain at the deck connection bolt. I've tried every possible stopper on the pins to no avail.

It took me 2 hours to remove the deck from the tractor last week. The ring stopper on the left side was twisted so badly I had to use a screwdriver and visegrip to get it off. The pin itself was so badly burred I had to file the tip to get it back through the holes. No such problems on the right side - the chain had snapped off the eye welded on the deck bolt!

My wife and I (mostly she) mow 4-5 acres evrey 7-10 days. Previously, we had a B2150 with mid-mount mower which we used under the same circumstances for 11 years without any problems.

My dealer says he's never seen this and neither has Kubota!

I believe the deck design and attachments on the L series are very poor compared with everything else on the tractor and/or other implements. I now wish I had purchased a 3 pt finishing mower, at a much cheaper price.

/ Mid-mount mower on L series #2  
JTS,

I am not familiar with the attachment scheme on the 3710 belly deck, but what you are experiencing is obviously a Kubota design problem or a dealer install problem. If your dealer cant solve the problem right away and make that deck reasonably easy to get off, you should request that he take the deck back, sell you a rearmount and refund you the difference. The rearmount will be much easier to manipulate. You will lose some mowing maneuverability, but maybe you can compensate for that by getting an 84" mower if that would fit your property.

/ Mid-mount mower on L series #3  
I'm with GlennMac in that your dealer should be able to fix this. If he can't, there's something strange going on, because this isn't a problem I've seen posted here before.
Did the dealer take the tractor back and check the installation?
Todd

/ Mid-mount mower on L series #4  
I have a 72" midmount on a L3010 with the same set up and have none of these issues. I would have your dealer take a serious look at the setup and compare construction of the deck with another L series deck side by side. There probably is a problem in installation or factory construction.

Good Luck

bruce

/ Mid-mount mower on L series
Thanks folks.

I've spoken with my dealer and he's going to take a look at the installation.

BruceW

Your set up is similar to mine and you're not having any problems - that's encouraging, I was ready to give up on the mid-mount but I'll give it another chance. Thx.

/ Mid-mount mower on L series #6  
I took a look at mine this weekend and realized that there are washers behind each of the ring pins. If these were missing I bet the pins would not be able to hold the stress of the mower deck movement as you mowed.

bruce