HST pedal adjustment

/ HST pedal adjustment #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
Is there some way to adjust the position of the HST pedal on a B3030? I'm 6' tall I find the pedal would be a little more comfy if it was moved forward a little. I sat on a JD that was next to a B2630 and really noticed how more comfortable the dual pedal design on the JD was. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ HST pedal adjustment #2  
I find the pedal on my L3130 to be uncomfortable, also. I use the cruise lever like second nature for everything but backing up. Does your tractor have this lever? Not the one that locks the pedal, but the one that actually moves the pedal...
If so you may find you like it.

/ HST pedal adjustment
Yes the B3030 has a cruise control lever next to the 3pt control. It looks like the HST pedal has 2 bolts holding it on the linkage. I was just wondering if anyone has tried to adjust it by adding a small piece of steel stock with some holes drilled in it. It's not a deal killer, but I just notice how much more natural feeling the dual pedals of the JD are. Your legs are kinda in the same position as driving a car. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ HST pedal adjustment #4  
I wondered about the "treddle" too. I liked the dual JD pedals better also, but after running my 3030 for 50 hours now, it's no longer a concern, I've gotten used to it. I've only tried the Cruise Control once, it's something I don't think I'd ever have a use for personally.

As far as adusting the peddle position, I haven't looked at it closely enough to know what would be involved.

/ HST pedal adjustment #5  
I use the cruise control only for bush hoggin. I do like the way it is installed...more user friendly.

/ HST pedal adjustment
I went out got a few quotes for a JD 3120 and 3320. About $4000 more and you lose the telescopic lower links( another JD option ) plus the tractor is alot heavier. The Case tractors had dual pedals, but you have to get a DX35 or larger to get them. All things considered, the B3030 is by far the most bang for the buck. I'll try to adjust the pedal somehow, and live with it until I win the lottery. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HST pedal adjustment #7  
The telescopic lower links are very handy. Mine are tight still, it takes some muscle to pull them out, but they do help ease the on/off process.

I really don't think you'll have a problem with the 3030's pedal once you've had some seat time. It's a larger pedal than the previous Kubota model. I'll have a look this weekend and see what might be involved in altering the position.

The 3030's light weight is good for mowing obviously. It's lack of weight has yet to give me any traction problems when doing FEL and BB work, but 4 wheel drive is required.

/ HST pedal adjustment
It looks like all you need to do is drill some holes in a small piece of steel stock to move the pedal forward and down slightly. That would be quick and easy ( me thinks). When they put a FEL on the B3030 cab, they mount a joy stick on the fender and run cables to the loader valve. I was thinking (oh oh ) that maybe something similar could be done where the HST pedal bracket is with some cables going to a dual pedal set-up. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ HST pedal adjustment #9  
Hi Ronster,
That sounds like a good idea and I think I will try it. I'll let you know how it turns out. I really notice how far back the HST pedal is when I am tiring to back up and can't get my foot on the pedal. I have 3430 HSTC with 2 rear remotes and I added TnT but I thought the hydraulic levers were to low so I extended them forword and up so they are a little above the arm rest of the seat and it works great. I had to add some 1/2 clear tubing around the levers where they go through the sheet metal so I wouldn't get vibration noise. Sorry I guess I changed the subject but I like to tinker.

/ HST pedal adjustment
CaptainU, my wife says I have an obsessive and compulsive disorder. I guess she's right when it comes to tractors. But if I spend $19K on a tractor, I'd like to be comfortable. I keep going back to look at the JD , but you lose features and spend $$$ just to get the dual pedals. The Case tractors are really nice, very comfortable layout, but you have to purchase the DX35 or bigger to get the dual pedals.
Let me know how your tinkering works out. Remember, point the cutting torch flame AWAY from the fuel and hydraulic lines. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif