LA402 Detent position broken

/ LA402 Detent position broken #1  

MarkLeininger

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2710
10 hours on my B2710 and the detent position on my LA402 seems to have broken. The joystick moves from lower boom position right into the float position without anyway to tell the difference, and it won't stay in the float position, it just returns to neutral. A search turns up quite a few detent problems on these loaders, but none seem to be quite this same problem. I see a visit with the dealer in my future.

/ LA402 Detent position broken #2  
Mark
Remove the orange cover from your loader. Look for any loose parts in the linkage. If you do not find any loose parts look at the bottom end of valve (opposite of joystick end of valve). There should be a cap that is held by two screws. Remove the screws. Carefully remove the cap. I suspect that a screw that holds detent in place has come lose. Tighten it.
On the other hand, you may need to visit your dealer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ LA402 Detent position broken
Thanks Ron,
Today I have to go to a parade to watch my wife ride her horse, so I'll check out the tractor tomorrow. I've got a manual, so I should be able to figure it out.

/ LA402 Detent position broken #4  
Mark,
Let me know what you find out. The float detent on my 402 loader also quit working with about 50 hours on my B7800. I have 63 hours on it now. The funny part is that they usually quit working in the winter because of moisture. Mine worked fine all winter plowing snow here in Wisconsin and then quit working after the weather got warmer this spring. Since the tractor and loader are still under warranty I will probably let the dealer fix it.
Thanks,
John

/ LA402 Detent position broken
Dealer came out and fixed it. It required a whole new valve. I wasn't here when the mechanic came, but that's what he told my wife. Works like it should now. In retrospect, there was something wrong with it from the day I bought it, but it had to get worse before I was sure there was something wrong.