toothbar vs ez landscaper

/ toothbar vs ez landscaper #1  

LOUIE44

Tractor
BX22
was just ready to pull trigger on toothbar today
and came across old post on ezlandscaper from H&H sales.

was going to order toothbar from markham, but the landscape
bar looks more usefull. can any one give me any feed back
on toothbar vs landscape bar.
thanks
lou
bx22tlb

/ toothbar vs ez landscaper #2  
Only reference to the ezlandscaper I could find was from Henro and said:

"I think the H&H EZlandscaper bar has a tooth about every four inches...so just about whatever you end up doing will help a lot and be satisfactory I bet."

Unless you have a specific need for closer spacing on the teeth I would buy the Markham Welding toothbar. I suspect the "ezlandscaper" is just another name for toothbar. I would imagine Markham could put more teeth on if you wanted, certainly would not be a big deal to weld on another tooth or 2.

Maybe Henro will jump in here since he seems to be the only one who have ever heard of the "ezlandscaper".It may just have been a figment of his imagination /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bill Tolle

/ toothbar vs ez landscaper #3  
I cannot speak from personal experience about the EZ Landscaper, but . . .

Keep in mind that both the landscaper and standard toothbar from H&H Sales includes the V wear plates. I like my H&H Sales toothbar a lot. But it also costs a good deal more than the Markham toothbar. Because you are relatively close to H&H's home, they may have an advantage on shipping.

Both make good products.

/ toothbar vs ez landscaper #4  
One thing to keep in mind about the Easy Landscaper with the greater number of teeth, the amount of ground pressure per tooth is reduced. This defeats the purpose of a tooth bar a bit - especially with a lighter tractor such as your BX.

I'm sure the Easy Landscaper works great for back scraping and such. I just don't think it would penetrate hard ground as well as a bar with fewer teeth - if that is your intended purpose.

Dan

/ toothbar vs ez landscaper #5  
I'm pretty certain Scrounger has the EZ Landscaper. My Markham is in transit right now, it was quite a bit cheaper.

Matt - your thoughts?

/ toothbar vs ez landscaper #6  
I was sent a EZ Lzandscaper for some work at a locakl Boy Scout canmpground. I've been using it for awhile now and I think its a better option than the regular toothbar. I can clean brush on a campsite with ease, back drag the ground to level out a site, and I can still dig in the hardpack with ease too.

That argument about fewer teeth makes sense if you look at the number penetration points, but in real life I'm never noticed that at all.

In my opinion the advantages of it make is better choice for me anyway and what we've been using it for. I would have no concern about it and would highly recommend it.

/ toothbar vs ez landscaper
Thanks for everyones input , it's greatly appreciated,

the ez landscaper is tempting , but the price will probably
send me to purchase a markham toothbar. h&h sales says sugg retail for
a 46" landscape bar is 429.00 plus shipping.
Sorry guy i should have posted h&h website to start, here it is
h& h sales