Kioti or Kubota

/ Kioti or Kubota #1  

Cowboy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Agri-Power-7000,Case 580-SE, Case 480-LL, Ford Golden Jubilee/ Miller 8' Offset Plow,Woods 15' Brush Mower,Rhino 5' Brush Mower,Vasser Digger, Case BackHoe, Case Loader's, Roadmaster 6' Box Blade...
If I have a dealer tell me that a Kioti is a Kubota built machine, am I to believe him? If the Kioti is only a Kubota colored tractor then, Who builds whats under the paint? I have heard from a couple of sources that own the Kioti and are very pleased with the same. A 25 H.P 4 WD. Kioti with Power Steering is 10,500.00 at a local dealership. Does anyone have any solid information to clear up these questions. A certain member of this forum even dared me to ask these questions. I'm brave...Cause I wanta know. Thanks in advance.

/ Kioti or Kubota #2  
According to a post in http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=buykubota&Number=3203&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5, Kioti is made by Daedong, which may explain why the brand name is Kioti. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I also suspect the Kioti folks would be very happy with the myth that they're re-badged Kubota's being perpetuated. They certainly don't look like Kubota's, not even the 20 year-old gray-market rice paddy rejects.

My experience is that at least 9 out of 10 people say they're happy with whatever they purchased for a while, at least. I thinkg it's because it makes them feel stupid to say they're not happy with something too soon after purchasing it.

I wouldn't own a Kioti myself. Reason: I don't have a clue who Daedong is, I'd worry very much about getting parts, I don't know how reliable they are, and every one I've ever seen looks like it was designed in the 50's, and I'm not into that. If I want a 50's tractor, I'll buy some genuine American iron and at least get the right to hang some cool old antique signs up in the garage. For modern, I'll stick with my Kubota. Other than that, I think Kioti's are great... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ Kioti or Kubota #3  
You have to wonder about a dealer that does not tell the truth about who builds the tractor they are selling. Will you trust them later if the tractor does not work and they tell you what kind of repair is needed. When I was first looking at tractors I visited 3 different Kioti dealers. All 3 dealers lied to me. You may want to look at this thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/tractortalk/messages/1/530.html?923617467

Andy

/ Kioti or Kubota
Mark and Andy... I checked out the sites you suggested. I have a better understanding of what the dealer was TRYING to tell me now. The Kioti must be a "wanta be" Kubota. I have checked out some of the Kubota's they are higher than the Coyotes. however with the information I have in hand I can make a better decision of what I will buy. New Holland and Kubota look better by the minute. Thanks for your response and your un-biased approach...Did I mention the name Mark and Un-Biased in the same sentence? :)

/ Kioti or Kubota #5  
MarkC,

The real question is: If the Kioti is running on Amsoil does that make it a better tractor? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Kioti or Kubota #6  
I hope you meant Kubota than New Holland looking better by the minute.......right. :eek:)

Hope more rain on the way.

Thomas..NH

/ Kioti or Kubota #7  
Thomas,

Don't give Cowboy a hard time, he's got his priorities right! New Holland then Kubota! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

It looks like sunshine here today, I'll have to get outside and get some stuff done today!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Kioti or Kubota #8  
Jim,
I'm just trying to keep Kubota and New Holland issues equal.

I'm detecting that your influence has turn future tractor owners toward New Holland.....yikes. :eek:(

Have a great day and be good to yourself.

Thomas..NH

/ Kioti or Kubota #9  
Thomas,

It's really working! I'm undoing the Kubota brainwashing!/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Kioti or Kubota #10  
Oh, no doubt about it, Jim. But it doesn't compensate for the lying dealers Andy mentioned.

Besides, where they start out is where they start out. A Kioti with Amsoil might be as good as a NH without it, but put Amsoil in the NH, and it's head and shoulders better again. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Sorry, I couldn't stand the pressure - but I think you'll agree that I've been laying off NH bashing lately. Except this time... /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Mark