Cab for B7800

/ Cab for B7800 #1  

DHD

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I am thinking of getting a soft sided cab for my B7800 and I was hoping you folks might provide me with some answers
to some questions I've got.

1. How much additional height would I be gaining above the ROPS? I have a height issue getting in and out of my garage.

2. My RM snowblower has a hand crank to rotate the discharge chute. Do cabs have rear panels so that I could access the hand crank?

3. Which cabs are better?
I've heard of Sims and Curtis cabs, are there other brand names?

4. I was thinking of installing it myself or would that be best left for the Kubota dealer?

Thanks

/ Cab for B7800 #2  
Hey,
I don't know what a soft side is but here is what I did to keep the sun off. I build a top made of Ash and 1/2" ply.
I just bolted (used big hose clamps) 1x6 ash boards that went about 1" above my ROPS, I made a lap joint to the next boards that go over your head and towards the front of the tractor. I screwed on the plywood and let it overhand a good bit. Painted it all black. Will try and post a pic. bw

/ Cab for B7800 #3  
I have a Curtis soft cab on my 2910. It is actually about 2 inches lower then the ROPS. I have never had any trouble getting it in the garage.

The back wind snaps in, like a Jeep. So I guess you could keep part of it open to the snowblower chute.

I pesonally like the Curtis cabs over the Sims. I design is a little better to me.

I had mine installed by the deal when I bought the machine, but would think you could do it yourself if you are handy. I would recomend that you get a heater and a fan.

/ Cab for B7800 #4  
I have a Sims Soft Cab got it last fall and like it a lot. I pull it off for the summer, takes 5 mins to undo 8 bolts that hold it on. I looked at Curtus but it had a lot of plastic, rear and doors, on it compared to the Sims. The only plastic on a Sims are the doors, the rest is metal. I added the heater, got one off e-bay for $75.

/ Cab for B7800
Thanks for the inputs everbody.

Hey BrettW
I like your idea on a cap, but I'm more interested in keeping the snow off me more than keeping the sun of me.
Thanks for the input though.

Hey kokopelli2
I don't no why but I was thinking that the ROPS were inside the cab, thats why I was concerned about additional height.
I haven't had a chance to see a Curtis cab on a B7800 or B2910 yet.

Hey N.Y. Yankees Fan
Tom, I followed your advice from a previous post about the golf cart cover idea. I built a frame and top similiar to the pictures you had posted, but it turns out that a B7800's ROPS is taller than a BX series tractor ROPS and as a result the golf cart cover was too short. I suppose I could have tried to build a shorter frame that did not include the ROPS, but not including the ROPS would have made it more difficult.
The more I thought about it, the golf cart cover idea is more of a temporary solution and would probaby have lasted a few years, before replacing it with another golf cart cover. The zippered panel system looked a little tender to me especially in cold weather when the panels would have been stiffer from the cold, but a cab assembly for less than $200 is certainly an attractive alternative.

Thanks again for all the inputs.