clutch pieces in filter ???

/ clutch pieces in filter ??? #1  

don4x4

Tractor
1991 kubota L2950
I have a L2950 with and everclutch the parts book calls it a wet clutch. the clutch has not been acting right went you push the clutch the tractor stops like you hit the brakes.I change the transmission fluid and hydraulic filter and in the filter it looks like a lot of 1/8 to 1/4" pieces of clutch. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I called the kubota dealer an he said there is no way clutch pieces could get in the filter. isn't the wet clutch in the transmission or is it outside the transmission?

/ clutch pieces in filter ??? #2  
A friend had the same problem with another brand of tractor and it turned out to be the brake material. Expensive job to have repaired according to what he said. Since you haven't filled out your profile, I have no idea of how old the tractor is, however if it is still under warranty, let the dealer fix it.. If not, bit the bullet and pay the piper for the repair. It isn't going to get better and can cause more damage if you don't repair it....

/ clutch pieces in filter ???
Thanks for the reply junkman. did you mean the brakes that stop the tractor pieces in the filter because it looks like it may have wet type brakes or did you
mean the clutch? It's a 1991 L2950 if I stop on a hill an push in the clutch it will stop and hold the tractor but take it out of gear in it will freely roll down the hill. I think it's the clutch but i don't know. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifWhat do you think?

/ clutch pieces in filter ??? #4  
his tractor is a Ford ..... about the same vintage as yours. In his case it was the wet brake lining material that was causing the problem. The brakes worked, but the filter kept clogging with the brake material that was flaking off and this would stop his hydraulics from working.