Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Default bx-23 IN GARAGE oil type,and quantity question

HEY FOLKS
    Doin my 50 hour maintanance,got a couple problems
    first,the dealer sold me 15-40 kubota oil,it didnt call for that in my book,i already dumped it in,havent started it though....ok or not?
    second,they sold me a 2.5 gallon jug of super udt.the book calls for 2.7....i need more dont i?will it be ok to just move it out of my garage,until i can get there?
    I WONT START,OR MOVE THE TRACTOR TIL YOU FOLKS GIVE ME THE THUMBS UP.I guess i shouldnt have assumed they were gonna give me the right stuff.
    ESCAVADER

Default Re: bx-23 IN GARAGE oil type,and quantity question

Alan, kubota has been a little slow in updating their manuals for motor oil specifications. 15W-40 is the most common motor oil used in diesels. I assume it's also CH-4 or later API rating. So check the oil level with the dipstick and if it's full of 15W-40, you're good to go. As for the Super UDT, it's not unusual to either fail to get all the old hydraulic oil drained out, or for a tractor to hold a little different amount than the manual calls for. Again, I'd simply check the fluid level, but .2 of a gallon isn't low enough to have to worry about. Sounds to me like that tractor's about ready to use. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    KIOTI LK30

The 15-40 is fine I use it all the time. I found I need about 3 gallons of UDT. But it won't hurt it to run it a quart or so low.

Tractor
    bx-23 ,

Thanks guys,everything looks ok,a little low on the tranny dipstick,probably lower when the filter fills up.gonna run it a little in the garage,and move it into the barn.ill pick up another quart,before i actually use the tractor.thanks for the quick reply.i got two other oil changes,and some rear wheel bearings in a car to do tonite,need the garage back.UP at 4.30 to my sawmill job,where i can get some rest..ha ha
    ESCAVADER

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

AS usuall BIRD beat me to the punch [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and as usual you can just re-read his post . for he speaks the truth,

Tractor
    BX 23, Wheelhorse 312-8

I used about 4 gal + or - when I did my 50 hour last year. I did use it to change the front axle lube also.