Glow-plug light problem on L2900

/ Glow-plug light problem on L2900 #1  

estacada

Tractor has 675 hours on it. Turn the key on, wait, and it usually took about ten seconds for the light to shut off. Then it took longer. Then after the light would go out, I would start the engine, and after a few seconds, the light would come back on (???). So, I would shut the engine off, key it, the light would go out , and I then went on with my business.

Now, the light stays on. I called the dealer, and the service manager didn't seem too concerned. On my own, I checked and verified that I have voltage to the glow plugs. After having a talk with people that know, I was advised to replace the glow-plug relay, and the dealer even indicated the relay was the problem........Relay is now replaced, but the light does not go out. What am I missing, or was the relay not creating the problem to begin with?

I am sure the problem is one that someone has experienced , and I would appreciate any input or experience anyone has to offer. Thank you in advance for your time and input. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Glow-plug light problem on L2900 #2  
My L4310 had the same problem. In my case I bought the glow plug controller and that solved the problem.

Rich