How to get Kubota's attention...

/ How to get Kubota's attention... #1  

KentT

Elite Member
Tractor
1993 Power Trac 1430 w/Kubota diesel engine
How to get Kubota\'s attention...

Don't know if it'll work for you, but I was impressed...

I sent a question to them last night via their website about the status of the ROPS kit for my recently acquired, antique B6000 that I'd ordered through my local dealer at the end of March -- and was still on backorder. This afternoon, around 4PM, I got a call from my dealer saying the ROPS kit should be here in 7-10 days. His regional rep had called him, and told him to contact me (in addition, the rep is supposedly emailing me). While I was not impressed with the delays in providing the ROPS to date, I was certainly impressed on how fast that question on their website got their attention and generated a response...

Here's the direct link, accessible from the Contact Us option on the menu:

http://kubota.com/f/contactus/contact.cfm

BTW, if your Kubota doesn't have a ROPS you can get $50 off the cost using a coupon at this link:

http://kubota.com/f/safety/safety.cfm

/ How to get Kubota's attention... #2  
Re: How to get Kubota\'s attention...

Kubota would not want your widow to take them to court because you were killed in a rollover and she had an order for a ROPS that was unfulfilled after 6 months. That would look bad to a jury.

Bill Tolle

/ How to get Kubota's attention...

Here's the email I received:

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I spoke with Kubota distribution in Columbus Ohio today. Ahearn did order your ROPS on 4/12/05.

The ROPS is coming in to the Columbus Ohio warehouse from an Allied vendor. Two of the B6000 vintage ROPS are expected in to the Columbus, Ohio warehouse by the end of next week.

Your ROPS should get sent out to Ahearn Equipment shortly thereafter.

Sorry for the delay but Allied vendors sometimes do not make a run of ROPS until they get 10-12 orders for a particular model and yours is a very old tractor with limited demand for replacement ROPS. I can only surmise this is the reason for the delay.

Sincerely,

George Smith
Regional Sales Manager
Kubota Tractor
603-424-7257)</font>

Whatever the case, it looks like Kubota turned up the heat on their supplier...

/ How to get Kubota's attention... #4  

To Kubota's considerable credit, they actively promote the installation of ROPS on older machines. They subsidize the program, charging only a fraction of what they really cost. I think most of the machines are old enough that Kubota doesn't have much legal liability any more, but it is a mark of a good company to offer a program like this.

In the case of this particular one taking a long time to deliver, they might have been waiting to get a few orders for the same model before setting up to make them. (How many years was it without one??)

Anybody know if NH(Ford) or JD (Yanmar?) has a ROPS program for older machines?

/ How to get Kubota's attention...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( To Kubota's considerable credit, they actively promote the installation of ROPS on older machines. They subsidize the program, charging only a fraction of what they really cost. )</font>
Yes, at $149 (after the $50 off coupon) plus tax and shipping, I certainly am not complaining about the price -- when comparing that to about $500 + shipping for aftermarket ROPS. It's a one-piece, not foldable, but the tractor is so small it should still go in my garage, and the price can't be beat...

/ How to get Kubota's attention... #6  

I was without my tractor for almost a month while they waited for a replacement cylinder for my BH75 to come in--apparently they've beefed up the replacements from the originals, and there were no new ones in stock--anywhere.

The dealer did not offer me a loaner, pickup or delivery, or anything. There was no apology. I just spent $170 at their place on fluids and filters for the 50-hour service. Think I should write and ask for a little something to soften the pain of my 4 weeks without a tractor? Or should I just consider myself fortunate that they covered it under warranty and just shut up? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ How to get Kubota's attention... #7  

Yours is a tough call. I would ask to speak with the service manager and tell them how you feel about it. If anything comes out, they should realize they need to communicate more openly, which should help them.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How to get Kubota's attention... #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The dealer did not offer me a loaner, pickup or delivery, or anything. There was no apology.)</font>

Did you ask for a loaner? Waiting until after you have your tractor back is not the time to bring it up.

If we don't let the dealer know we are in a bind how is he to know?

And if we aren't in a bind why worry about it?

I try to tell people whether I need something ASAP or if I am in no hurry. If I am not in a hurry and they know it they are welcome to put someone's rush job in front of mine. One benefit is that the next time I need it in a hurry they know I mean it and will try harder.

Bill Tolle

/ How to get Kubota's attention... #9  

I would write to Kubota, you might get a shirt and hat out of the deal atleast. I wrote them about the fuel tank leaking which should have been covered under warranty even though mine was out by 6 months. I fixed the leak after buying the parts ($18) from my local dealer. I ask and received (for my troubles) a nice orange polo shirt and hat. The only problem with the hat is that my son liked it more than me and has clamed ownership /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Dave

/ How to get Kubota's attention... #10  

Bill,

The fine print in the warranty states that I'm not entitled to a loaner (or even pickup or delivery, for that matter). But when they realized that this was an unusual situation and was going to be a long wait, they should have at least made an offer. I don't think that's something I should have to ask for, especially considering the warranty situation. In any case, the dealer is an hour and 45 minutes away, and if I'd asked for a loaner, I'm pretty sure they would have told me to come and get it, and then I would have blown a gasket. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

With no action after about a week, I called to rattle their cage a bit. That was when they told me there were no replacement cylinders in the entire United States. Their statement was "I know you need your tractor, but sometimes we're at the mercy of our parts network." No kidding. I repressed the urge to mention that I should have bought a John Deere. It would have made me feel a little better, but would have accomplished nothing--except perhaps put my tractor even further towards the back of the line. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I think it just boiled down to a situation that inevitably comes up when one buys a newly-introduced item. They just didn't have their parts network in place quick enough.