L28004WD service question (25-hour needed?)

/ L28004WD service question (25-hour needed?) #1  

OrangeMule

Tractor
Kubota L2800 4WD
I have read the entire owner's manual and there is no suggested service at the 25-hour mark for my 2004 model L2800. I have gleaned much info from the knowledgeable folks here and wondered if anyone has 'common sense' info regarding the type things I ought to do until the 50-hour mark.
50 hours is the first recommended service break per the manual.
I keep the air filter/screen clean and check the fluids and check view bowls. All checks out.
Does anyone think there are some things to specifically check to ward off problems before I get to 50 hours?
I bought the tractor with 9 hours on it, and it currently has 26 hours. This is my first tractor and I love it so far.
I tell everyone she's my new girlfriend, and it feels like it except for the Kubota is fairly quiet. !

Thanks to any and all for offering any tidbits you feel are warranted.

Great Board...I have learned soooo much here. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also,

/ L28004WD service question (25-hour needed?) #2  
Just check all the fluid levels, and keep them full, as well as grease all the fittings as needed. I think I would wait until 50 hours to do the 50 hr servicing.

/ L28004WD service question (25-hour needed?) #3  
Grease zerks on the FEL and BH every 10 hours of use. Other than that, you are doing what needs to be done.

Bonehead

/ L28004WD service question (25-hour needed?) #4  
As I've stated in other posts, my opinion is that alot of break-in wear occurs in the first few hours of operation in any engine, and there's bound to be manufacturing/assembly dirt in the motor right from the factory. I use the first oil change as a flush, as soon as possible. Changing it at 25 hours certainly won't hurt your engine. I'd then wait until 100hrs for the next change. Find all the grease points (pedals, levers, etc.) and apply a good grease. Check pedals for adjustment, too. Don't leave the clutch pedal undepressed for more than a month at a time, especially if the weather is wet (see the manual). Check and torque all the bolts you can get at. Other than that, give her a proper warmup before use, and don't exceed rated rpm until after 50hrs.
Best of luck! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif