Mow'n with my BX

/ Mow'n with my BX #1  

Volfandt

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota BX23, 1966 WheelHorse 856
Mow\'n with my BX

Greetings,
Thought I'd share a few pics of the lawn after the BX23 gave me an all too short but enjoyable Saturday morning.

The back lawn used to be a garden, have a pig sty down at the small pond, a chicken coop behind the shop and home to a couple head of cattle but I've slowly transformed into your typical suburban back yard. I haven't planted any Golden Queen the last few years but will cut out a small 100 x 100 section for this cause I miss walking between the stalks and have Jack-O-Lanterns growing between 'em.

The pond is to the left of the BX23

Attachments

• 685761-BX23 July mow 2005 001.jpg
    685761-BX23 July mow 2005 001.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 734
   / Mow'n with my BX
Re: Mow\'n with my BX

Another shot. The back of the shop is directly behind the BX.

Attachments

• 685765-BX23 July mow 2005 002.jpg
    685765-BX23 July mow 2005 002.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 548
   / Mow'n with my BX

Another shot.
To the right of the BX is one of those compost tumblers that I never got to work for me. I'd fill it with fresh cut clippings and shredded paper for the "browns" and it just never worked out for me. I even added compost starter! I've been told that I should have added water to it everyday but didn't. So I've given up on it.

Now beside it is a pretty good compost pile. It's made up of last years clippings and falls leaves as well as weeds etc. I've used the FEL to keep it turned regularly. The compost is just about ready for use, it's brown and easily crumbles in my hand. No bad smell either. Go figure /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Volfandt

Attachments

• 685769-BX23 July mow 2005 004.jpg
    685769-BX23 July mow 2005 004.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 522
   / Mow'n with my BX

Last shot.

Happy Independence Day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Volfandt

Attachments

• 685770-BX23 July mow 2005 009.jpg
    685770-BX23 July mow 2005 009.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 516
   / Mow'n with my BX #5  

Nice rig, nice home and lawn /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Happy 4th !

/ Mow'n with my BX #6  

Beautiful place! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
With a yard like that, I could stay home to work my Chessie! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Mow'n with my BX

Thanks all.
This is the 1st full yr that it's been a suburban type backyard. I've been having to mow it weekly to keep the clippings down. I use a homemade mulch plug that does OK as long as I keep the grass maintained weekly.
Since the compost pile did so well from clippings from last year, I'm thinking of either going w/Kubota's grass catcher, one of those Cyclone rakes or a big sweeper for fall collections.
I sold my rider w/bagger last yr to buy the BX and didn't use the bagger but maybe 3 times all season. But it seems worth while now that I'm useing the byproduct.

Volfandt

/ Mow'n with my BX #8  

Wish I had a yard that big to mow! Look into one of the Woodland Products vac systems. I got one last year, works very well. You could use the biggest one, my yard is too tight, so I got the smaller of the two. It does hold a lot of leaves and does dice them up pretty well /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif